Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: A few things
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/2/17 4:36pm Msg #69131
"You say that WikiLeaks information regarding their source is "unprovable", question: do you hold that same standard to any news outlet who uses "unnamed sources"?"

You're confusing Wikileaks with actual journalism. Journalists develop confidential sources, but they have to be able to prove to their editors that the source is reliable, or their stories will be killed. Julian Assange is not a journalist, and he doesn't answer to anyone.

"I recall someone asking me if I had heard about the gunman who went into an Austin or San Antonio pizzeria after the nut in N.C. -- turns out, that second "report" was actual fake news, nothing of the sort ever happened in Austin or San Antonio."

I asked you if you had heard about the pizza joint that had also been subjected to threats, harassment, and vandalism, but I never said a gunman went there. It happened in Austin, several local news outlets covered it (including the Star-Tribune here in the DFW area), and I have seen nothing yet to indicate that the story was a hoax. Several of the headlines made reference to the fact that it was CAUSED BY fake news, not that it WAS fake news.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Dec 14: DNC emails NOT leaked by Russia -  Moneyman/TX on 12/31/16 2:38pm
 Re: Dec 14: DNC emails NOT leaked by Russia - MikeC/TX on 12/31/16 4:49pm
 A few things -  Moneyman/TX on 12/31/16 11:14pm
 Re: A few things - MikeC/TX on 1/1/17 7:28pm
 Re: A few things -  Moneyman/TX on 1/1/17 9:11pm
 Re: A few things - MikeC/TX on 1/2/17 4:36pm
 You liberal IDIOT -  bagger on 1/5/17 2:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.