Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/10/18 5:08pm Msg #71630
Who said anything about a semi-auto shotgun?? You're the one who said it was easier to use an AR-15. The guns I've seen used in competitions have to be loaded manually after both barrels are emptied. I'm sure it's easier with an AR-15 since you don't have to do anything between shots until the magazine is empty, but that also means it takes less skill than using a shotgun, whether it's manual or semi-auto.

No one is trying to take your guns away; all we want is reasonable gun control, and that includes eliminating weapons like the AR-15 that were designed as military weapons, along with universal background checks. You want your shotguns and your hunting rifles and you handguns, fine, but there are some people who are too dangerous to have a firearm and that's what background checks are for. And there are some firearms that are too dangerous for a civilian to have. The only functional difference between an AR-15 and the military version of the same gun is that the AR-15 doesn't have a burst mode. And from what I've read, many soldiers don't like to use burst mode because it's less accurate. So why do you, as a sportsman, need what is essentially the same weapon to shoot at clay pigeons that our military uses to kill our enemies?

The NRA is a marketing and lobbying firm for the large gun manufacturers, and their mission is to help sell as many guns as possible and to influence politicians. And if you believe they're anything more than that, ask yourself why they throw millions of dollars at politicians and rate them on their support of gun bills. Ask yourself where all the money they throw around is coming from - membership fees alone can't cover it. LaPierre's annual compensation alone has varied from $1 million to $5 million a year - it's performance-based. Their tax-exempt status prohibits them from engaging in political activity, yet they do it brazenly. The NRA only cares whether gun owners are still able to buy guns.

Beyond that, polls show that MOST Americans - including a lot of gun owners who are also NRA members - support REASONABLE gun control measures such as universal background checks and mandatory waiting periods.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Breaking News: Another federal judge says that - MikeC/TX on 4/6/18 6:04pm
 Re: Breaking News: Another federal judge says that - HisHughness on 4/7/18 11:47am
 Re: Breaking News: Another federal judge says that - MikeC/TX on 4/7/18 4:53pm
 I'm with you Hugh and I get you too Mike, Problem is 2nd -  sigtogo/OR on 4/8/18 2:18pm
 Re: I'm with you Hugh and I get you too Mike, Problem is 2nd - MikeC/TX on 4/8/18 5:10pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/8/18 9:43pm
 There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution about - CH2inCA on 4/9/18 10:15am
 Re: There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution about - shooterclay on 4/10/18 6:55am
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/9/18 5:55pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/10/18 7:02am
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/10/18 5:08pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/10/18 8:22pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/11/18 4:31pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/12/18 12:31pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/12/18 4:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.