Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

It is a common phrase. No control over others looking to be
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 10/3/18 11:26pm Msg #72042
... offended. That is their issue and theirs alone in a case such as this one.

"The words he chose to use are offensive to some..."

In this case, So What? Some people appear to wake up with the goal for each day of finding something, anything, even if nothing at all, to be offended by. I choose not to allow such people to dictate how I speak or determine that I should "act this way or that way" in order to shelter them from the reality of just how ignorant they truly are. It is a waste of time to attempt to educate such people on the fact that the world does not revolve around them or their too sensitive for every day interactions with others feelings.

Question: 1) Is he a candidate for the elected office? Y or N?
--- OR 2) Is he a black candidate for the elected office? Y or N?

If the answer to #1 is Yes, then he is a candidate that happens to be black. So what, the opposition candidate in this case is one who happens to be white! BFD!

If the answer to #2 is Yes, then one might rightly ask, since he is running just on his race why the need for all the money to be flooding into that election - stop wasting money (i.e. black, white, etc., as long as the voting population of race X is higher, people should vote just based on their race alone and the skin color of the majority should win; regardless of the qualifications to do the job of that person).

To me, it is the same thing when you have women candidates, X race candidates, X hyphenated-American candidates. They all demand that they be seen as and treated equally as any other candidate is regardless of their (gender, race, ancestry, etc.). They all claim that they are qualified and want people to vote for them because they feel they are the best person for the job. That is until a reporter asks a certain question, an opponent says something that they can "be offended" by in a debate, or if they think they can guilt a certain segment into voting for them because they have ta-tas, or not if a man running against a woman ever had the %$#( to flip the script and use their own tactics against them. Then it's the "how dare they ask that of her/him, would they ask that if they were not a woman/bla-bla-American/X" political BS that is just their political games that they think will help get them votes or their supporters think will help change the topic and put the opponent on defense over a made up "issue".

Bottom line, either the person is a candidate that is qualified and can actually handle the campaign and the job or they can't. Their gender, race, any hyphenated-American (as opposed to simply American) should not be an issue or a crutch for them to cry about when the campaign is getting tough, after all, are not they the very same people who are telling the voters that none of that matters and they should get their votes because they are the best person for the job?? Do they believe that or not?

In case it is not clear yet, candidates who happen to be "X" is NOT the same as an "X candidate", especially when the job they seek is to include representing people who are as well as people who are not the same "X" as they are.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Race card n/m - bagger on 8/30/18 2:27pm
 Re: Race card - bagger on 8/30/18 2:33pm
 Re: Race card - MikeC/TX on 8/30/18 6:58pm
 Does anyone have a link to video of what he actually said? - Moneyman/TX on 9/5/18 11:16pm
 Re: Does anyone have a link to video of what he actually said? - bagger on 9/6/18 2:14pm
 Thank you for the link. My opinion: It's fake outrage n/m - Moneyman/TX on 9/21/18 1:57am
 Re: Thank you for the link. My opinion: It - bagger on 9/21/18 11:53am
 Re: Thank you for the link. My opinion: It - MikeC/TX on 9/21/18 4:43pm
 Re: Thank you for the link. My opinion: It - bagger on 9/22/18 8:00am
 Re: Thank you for the link. My opinion: It - MikeC/TX on 9/23/18 6:38pm
 Re: Thank you for the link. My opinion: It - bagger on 9/25/18 7:59am
 Re: Thank you for the link. My opinion: It - bagger on 9/25/18 2:13pm
 It is a common phrase. No control over others looking to be - Moneyman/TX on 10/3/18 11:26pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.