Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: BS! NO it
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 10/9/18 6:19pm Msg #72073
Chris -

I have worked with victims of sexual trauma and abuse. They do not all react the same way or remember things the same way. Every person is different, and every experience is different. We cannot say that just because you didn't check the boxes A, B, and C, you must be lying.

As I said, if Dr. Ford's story had been too perfect, I would have had reason to doubt it - survivors of abuse don't always have perfect memories of what happened to them. Some do; most don't. That's the reality.

I'm not going to question your own experience or tell you that what you believe about it is wrong. At the same time, I don't think you can dismiss her story simply because how she remembers or reacted over time doesn't match your own experience. Every incidence of abuse is personal, as is every reaction to it. There's no "this is the way it works"; there's only your personal experience, and what happened to you is not necessarily what happened to anyone else.

I believe Dr. Ford, and I believe that Justice Kavanaugh was her abuser. Nothing I heard in her testimony would convince me otherwise. I wish there was a real investigation that would have corroborated her allegations, but it was just a fig leaf to protect the GOP.

Trump has now said that it was all a hoax and that the investigation somehow proved that Kavanaugh was innocent. That is a steaming load of BS - the "investigation" proved nothing at all. If anything, Trump has done more to damage those who are survivors of abuse by declaring that what they say are "evil lies".
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The Kavanaugh vote - MikeC/TX on 10/5/18 7:20pm
 Getting whiplash trying to follow your approval/disapprovals - Moneyman/TX on 10/8/18 5:02pm
 Bottom line - Bingo! Agree 100% - Linda_H/FL on 10/8/18 6:46pm
 Interesting - Feinstein to be investigated - bagger on 10/9/18 6:53am
 Thank you, Linda. n/m - Moneyman/TX on 10/9/18 5:22pm
 Re: Getting whiplash trying to follow your approval/disapprovals - MikeC/TX on 10/9/18 3:40pm
 BS! NO it's not "consistant with how survivors ..." - Moneyman/TX on 10/9/18 5:19pm
 Re: BS! NO it - MikeC/TX on 10/9/18 6:19pm
 Brings up a query! - bagger on 10/11/18 2:36pm
 Re: Brings up a query! - MikeC/TX on 10/12/18 6:54pm
 Re: Brings up a query! - bagger on 10/14/18 1:34pm
 "several" with only a "1 time" event who can't recall where - Moneyman/TX on 11/16/18 11:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.