Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: lots of cities have "community" gardens.....
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/5/17 6:23pm Msg #28424
Those are both great ideas. I would like to expand my font landscaping to include vegetables masquerading as part of the landscape. Next project!

Sun came out and I was able to finish off the top of my beds with 1 inch layer of worm castings, fish bone meal, Dr Earth, NPK and coffee grounds all mixed in wheelbarrow first. Tomorrow I'm going to add an inch of coir (coconut hair) and experiment using it as the top layer of mulch to retain moisture.

Then I will string off the beds for square-foot gardening, and add my plants followed by drip system. I have all the drip components but need to get the plants in the ground. They're growing!

Planted a 12x12 corner area with wildflower seeds a couple of weeks ago and with all the rain they're taking off. Doing all this with a cold...
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Organic gardening - are you getting ready for Spring!? - Bear900/CA on 3/3/17 6:46pm
 I can't think of a better thing to do than to grow your -  MW/VA on 3/3/17 8:40pm
 You're killing me, man... - MikeC/TX on 3/4/17 10:32pm
 Apartment-dweller Gardening Tips/Tricks -  Christine/OK on 3/5/17 7:46am
 Re: Apartment-dweller Gardening Tips/Tricks - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 9:22am
 Gardening small or no space - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 10:02am
 lots of cities have "community" gardens..... - notarydi/CA on 3/5/17 2:02pm
 Re: lots of cities have "community" gardens..... - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 6:23pm
 Re: Gardening small or no space - MikeC/TX on 3/5/17 4:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.