Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Garden tips - getting started!
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/11/17 12:55am Msg #28445
I worked hard all Winter figuring things out that some here already know. Still, this can help out.

I planted early this week and looking at the garden today several things stood out. Listed below.

1, The beds look like they have a smooth wool blanket over them thanks to the 1 inch layer of coir on top. I barely water and it stays moist in 80 degree weather. Weeds will not grow through this layer of coir. No weeding, very little watering.

2. Plants look like green plastic plants stuck in the ground, except they're real and growing fast. When I dug each hole I used a shaker to shake mycrorhyzal innoculent in the hole and on the roots. It takes very little. I found a 4 strain fungi rhyzal online and it goes a long way. The good fungi and the roots are symbiotic and assist each other. Root balls planted this way will double in size and extract more minerals from the soil.

3. Soil preparation paid off, as well as using a raised bed and the square foot gardening method.

Does this sound complicated and expensive? Doesn't have to be. It can be easy, fun and therapeutic and I will list below how to get started this Spring with an easy raised bed garden.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Garden tips - getting started! - Bear900/CA on 3/11/17 12:55am
 Making a raised bed garden quick and simple - Bear900/CA on 3/11/17 1:56am
 Re: Making a raised bed garden quick and simple -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/17 12:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.