Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Making a raised bed garden quick and simple
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 3/11/17 12:33pm Msg #28449
I have a total of 8 garden boxes. at the bottom of each I stapled mesh wire to keep the gophers and moles out of my heirloom veggies. My boxes are all lined up in a netted cage 12 feet tall (looks like a tennis court). I have miniature citrus (lemon, tangerine, red orange, navel and lime trees in half metal barrells. Everything is composted. Boy do worms love this. Especially with all the rain.

James Dawson once posted that he buried gallon plastic water bottles contained "worm tea" punched with nail holes so the water dispersed over time, evenly. When they were empty, he would refill them. Great way to save water for those of us who are still in a serious drought.

I have an apple tree that is not located in the netted space, but I'm going to be erecting a frame around it with net to keep the blue jays out. So far Romeo is chasing them all away, but he can't be apple tree guard dog around the clock.

I had a purchase loan with a certified organic farmer yesterday. He and his wife bought 14 acres of fertile farm land, and I got a bunch of tips from them last night. They sell all their produce at the Farmers Markets from Santa Monica to San Luis Obispo. They are located in Lompoc. Great farming area.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Garden tips - getting started! - Bear900/CA on 3/11/17 12:55am
 Making a raised bed garden quick and simple - Bear900/CA on 3/11/17 1:56am
 Re: Making a raised bed garden quick and simple -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/17 12:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.