Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Last week, my week from he!! ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 10/18/18 12:50pmMsg #30610
Last week Tuesday, I had a GNW 4:00 appointment. Decided to eat a nectarine prior to leaving for GNW. It was a good 45-minute drive each way and a warm day. On my way back, I was on the phone with my youngest daughter and told her I must be getting heat rash as my face was itching like crazy (used to get it as a kid in summertime in AZ)

As the evening progressed, itching and rash spread all over but mainly on face. As I take an allergy med every morning for my "seasonal" allergies (which are now yearlong), I called the advice nurse to ask if I can take Benadryl - my primary care physician and also my dermatologist were out of the office for the week. Nurse got instructions from pharmacist. Take 2 Benadryls that day, stop the other med until issues resolve and take Benadryl every 4-6 hours. Issues resolved in a couple of days. Google taught me that I am now allergic to nectarines. http://www.verywellhealth.com/fruit-and-vegetable-allergies-symptoms-and-diagnosis-1323908

Saturday morning, my 10-year-old TV (mounted on the wall) in my bedroom died. No problem. There's another TV in the guest room and it hasn't been mounted on the wall yet. I can replace the old TV with the newer smart TV.

I live alone. My older daughter and her boyfriend were out of town for the day. I can do this! Old TV is heavy and won't budge. New TV is very light. Maybe I should get my upstairs neighbor to help. She's tall and very active. (I live in a senior community) Look out the window. Nope, her car's gone. She must've gone to work. I'm superwoman; I can do this! Huffing and puffing ... finally put my shoulder under it to hoist it off .... Off it flew! Hit the top of my head, bounced off and hit the back of my upper calves. I wasn't knocked out but, OMG, saw stars and it hurt!! No blood from head or legs. Tender spot on top of head and huge bruise on left calf; felt a little unfocused the rest of that day and next. No better on Monday. Finally saw doctor late Monday morning. He sent me to ER for CT scan to make sure no fractures or brain bleeding or neck injury. All checked out ok. Diagnosis: I sustained a concussion and take it easy for a while. Mental clarity gets better daily so I'm on the mend.

Conclusion to story: Gave away remaining nectarines. Old tv wall mount does not accommodate new tv. Already had bought wall mount for newer tv so don't have that added expense. Handyman on CL would charge $20 to uninstall old mount and $65 to install new one. My daughter's boyfriend will do it this weekend for free.

Nope. Sorry to say. I'm not Superwoman. I'm just an older independent woman who has to recognize her limitations. Pyrite!

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Last week, my week from he!! ... - Yoli/CA on 10/18/18 12:50pm
 OMG! Happy you're on the mend! -  JanetK_CA on 10/18/18 7:11pm
 years ago...... - notarydi/CA on 10/18/18 10:59pm
 Ouch! Now that's not how to use your head Yoli! - Bear900/CA on 10/19/18 12:30am
 Re: Last week, my week from he!! ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/19/18 6:53am
 Wow! I live in alone & can relate to some of what that -  MW/VA on 10/19/18 11:51am
 I want you to know I did try not to laugh - NVLSlady/VA on 10/19/18 1:25pm
 Thank you all for your kind words. It's ok to laugh! :) - Yoli/CA on 10/19/18 2:12pm
 Re: Last week, my week from he!! ... - Luckydog on 10/25/18 10:44am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.