Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually.
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/26/18 1:19pm Msg #30627
Last year I went in to have my eyes examined. It had been years, and I needed to take a vision test as a part of my CA DL renewal. I got new glasses, new frames, I was cruising...good to go.

This year I went in for my exam and was shocked to learn I have a torn retina. I'm scheduled for surgery December 7. I will be grounded for 4-5 days...I will be sitting in the dark and resting. TV or computer work not recommended. Quiet, catch up on sleep...no close work for a few days, no driving. I am grateful that this has only been going on for a few months. My retinal surgeon tells me I will have about 75 percent of my vision back in my right eye, better than a stick in the eye, pun intended, but if I chose not to do anything about it, I'd be blind in the right eye in time.

So, go get your eyes checked. Sometimes we get so busy we tend to overlook the obvious. My left eye is perfect, but I sure don't want to be a one-eyed citizen. This process is covered 100% of the time.

My surgeon is tall, handsome, young (married of course) and it'll take only 25 minutes for the surgical correction. I will be completely anesthetized.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually. -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/26/18 1:19pm
 So sorry you're having to contend with this! - Yoli/CA on 10/26/18 5:46pm
 Re: So sorry you -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/26/18 10:33pm
 Re: When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually. - MikeC/TX on 10/27/18 5:25pm
 Re: When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually. -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/28/18 9:08am
 so glad you're not going for the "Aaarrggghhh, Matey!" - notarydi/CA on 10/28/18 2:40pm
 Re: When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually. - MikeC/TX on 10/28/18 5:21pm
 Re: When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually. -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/29/18 7:10am
 Re: When was your last eye exam? Get em checked annually. -  JanetK_CA on 11/1/18 8:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.