Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Know what you mean...!!!!
Posted by Happy in Fl of ? on 12/8/04 12:38pm Msg #13012
Pam-- I know the feeling--If I'm in another part of the house- I very nicely keep them talking while I head for my Loose Leaf book and Avoid List and the Companies I've signed up with...Quick check that way first- then check Zip of borrower and go to my list of rates based on mileage etc.-

But if it's a $50 company- and they have to raise fee to say $65 and $35 for E-Docs-- if they hestitate- my "gut feel" (which to date as far as I can tell, has worked for me)- is what I go with-- if they are Cheap- they will also not think twice about cheating you out of your fee.

In all honesty-- when you charge the higher fee--and let everyone you sign up with know thats it--and stick to that-- even if they say- " I'll have to check and get back to you"- in essence they are going to keep calling around for that $50 Notary..and 99% of the time they find one--and thats fine- but I'm not going to waist my time working for almost peanuts and for "EL- Cheapo" Signing Services who may or not pay for my work..

I have started telling these s/s when they call "My Notary work is NOT dependant on whether or not the loan is funded--- this service is just that- and payment is due when rendered- or as agreed on the phone at contact time.. "

Also- when a S/S sends a" Independent Contractors Agreement" for me to sign etc.- I always change their Fee Schedule and insert my own... I will not agree to $50- and 100 mile travel or whatever they want--- It's time to take a stand and just say "NO"!

You will get signings- No need to be fretfull - but this is your Business- do it the best you can- treat everyone fairly- but don't be pushed or coerced into working for a company who wants you to lower your rates to theirs-- because "I think" thats just the outfit that will go Dead-Beat on you..

Cheer up Pam- There are a lot of Great Companies out there--and a lot of nice people to meet and to assist in getting their Loans etc. processed-- And when you do get a Deadbeat--Post it and let us ALL know so it will be harder for them to find Notaries willing to take their assignments. LOL
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - Pam/FL on 12/8/04 8:19am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - kmnotary_CA on 12/8/04 10:02am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - PAnotary on 12/8/04 10:33am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - asicollect on 12/8/04 10:51am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - PAnotary on 12/8/04 11:08am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - BJT on 12/9/04 9:02am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - sue on 12/8/04 11:39am
 Re: Know what you mean...!!!! - Happy in Fl on 12/8/04 12:38pm
 Right on Happy FL! - Nd/WA on 12/8/04 3:08pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - Ted_MI on 12/8/04 2:01pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - CaliNotary on 12/8/04 4:02pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/8/04 9:53pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies -  kmnotary_CA on 12/9/04 1:17am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - kmnotary_CA on 12/9/04 1:18am
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - Terri - CA on 12/9/04 2:13pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies -  HisHughness on 12/9/04 2:27pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - AngieCA on 12/9/04 6:23pm
 Re: Sick and tired of deadbeat Signing Companies - AngieCA on 12/9/04 7:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.