Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

First Time I walked Out - Sorry long
Posted by kcg of IN on 10/26/20 2:38pm Msg #625770
In 15 years this was a first for me.

It started a little off kilter...when I called to confirm, he said oh, I had forgotten but ok.
On my way there, I get a call from title asked where I'm at. ? She said BO called wanting to know if I was still coming. Well, it was 9:30, signing was scheduled for 10. On my way. She said "i'll let everyone know". ??
I call him and said our appt is for 10am and I'm on my way. He gets a little loud and says " I told them 5X I wanted your name. I never asked where you were". Ok. I said I'll be there shortly. Then he says "my sister-in-law just got her notary license and she will sit with us and wants you to tell her what she needs to do so she can do what you do" ??? I said, oh sorry I cannot train her but I'll give her a number she can call.
I get there and she sits right next to me. I very nicely asked her to move away from the table - distancing.

I don't think BO liked that but he didn't say anything. I ID him, have him sign my book. The first 10 docs are t/c. I held out the page, gave a synopsis of what it said and slid it down to him. He picked it up to read it. Word for word. I explained that he had a 3 day RTC and can read the docs later. He still read it. Then signed. Same thing with 2nd doc which was Compliance Agreement. I told him what it said and he still had to read it. 3rd was Signature page. I said sign next to printed name. There was one name on the doc and he still had to read it line by line even tho the lines were blank. At that point I said "look, I cannot sit here while you read word for word. I explain what the document is and you have 3 days to read and cancel if you would like". Very nicely. He gets a little loud and says I am trying to rush him and he is not signing anything without reading it, blah, blah. At which point I said sorry, I don't have 3-4 hours to sit here while you read word for word. I will call and see if they can get another notary out here. And I don't even think he'd understand the docs anyway. If it was 15 mins for 3 title docs, I can't even imagine how long the loan docs would take.

T/C was nice. I explained it and she said they would give me print/trip fee.

I have never walked out of a signing before. I allow 1 hour....I always tell them what the docs say and they are welcome to read it...any questions just ask.

Anyone do anything different?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 First Time I walked Out - Sorry long - kcg on 10/26/20 2:38pm
 Re: First Time I walked Out - Sorry long - CST on 10/26/20 5:59pm
 Re: First Time I walked Out - Sorry long -  Expeditor on 10/26/20 8:27pm
 Re: First Time I walked Out - Sorry long - Luckydog on 10/26/20 9:40pm
 had a reader last night...one of my good friends! - CST on 10/27/20 12:05pm
 I would have walked out too. It sounds like you walked into -  MW/VA on 10/27/20 12:45pm
 I had one where when I walked in.... - notarydi/CA on 10/27/20 5:18pm
 Re: I had one where when I walked in.... -  JanetK_CA on 10/27/20 7:33pm
 That happened to me once... - FeliseSoCal on 10/27/20 5:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.