Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Yes, has been, always will be
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 3/28/21 5:52pm Msg #78237
Bernie did not "turn Democrat". There are two Independents who caucus with the Democrats (Bernie and Angus King of Maine). That does not make either of them a Democrat, except perhaps in the eyes of someone who wants to pigeonhole every politician as either one of Us or one of Them.

"so apparently the Independents lean left when it's in their behalf to do so.
Sounds sort of familiar, right Mike?"

Not at all, because when it's not to their benefit or belief, they can lean the other way. Look at Joe Manchin of West Virginia - he's a moderate Democrat who is not afraid to vote with the Republicans. He should probably be an Independent.

That's why I am not and have never been a member of either party, nor will I ever register as one. What matters to me is whether a candidate can do the job, not what party he or she belongs to, and whether the policies line up with my own beliefs.

The DNC could or should have insisted that Bernie register as a Democrat before allowing him to run in their primaries, but they chose not to. It still doesn't make him a Democrat.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Why an Independent will never be President - Luckydog on 3/25/21 3:45pm
 Re: Why an Independent will never be President - MikeC/TX on 3/26/21 12:18am
 Yes, has been, always will be n/m - Luckydog on 3/26/21 11:52am
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - MikeC/TX on 3/26/21 4:59pm
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - Luckydog on 3/27/21 11:12am
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 5:26pm
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - Luckydog on 3/27/21 9:35pm
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - MikeC/TX on 3/28/21 5:52pm
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - Luckydog on 3/28/21 6:37pm
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - MikeC/TX on 3/31/21 5:48pm
 Re: Yes, has been, always will be - Luckydog on 4/1/21 11:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.