Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #629104

17 replies
A walk down memory lane...Dorothy/MI told it how it is
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/5/21 9:09am

Msg#44234

There is so much meat on these NR bones, love some of the candor from knowledgeable, skilled, pros like Dorothy Mansil in Michigan.

Msg #629101

5 replies
TC pays borrowers for rude notary ...
By  Yoli/CA on 2/5/21 8:53am

Had a signing yesterday for a few Post Close docs (2 QCDs, 2 PCOO and a Certification of Trust). UPS driver got to front door same time as I.

During signing, Mr. borrower was carefully reviewing docs. No problem. At the 2nd QCD, he noticed his last name was misspelled - missing 1 letter. We corrected and he initialed (Mr. & Mrs. have different last names). He explained that he had previously told them of correct spelling and that apparently they'd corrected some but not all. We went through the rest and corrected as necessary. Hopefully, they don't have to be re-signed.

At the conclusion, he thanked me for my professionalism and courtesy. He said the notary they had Saturday was completely rude and ... this is where Mrs. B interrupted and said the other notary was obviously having a bad day and taking it out on others and that's where it should stay. Mr. agreed and showed me the letter and $50 Visa card that Amrock had just overnighted them (that was the UPS delivery that arrived same time as I). No, I did not read the letter.

I don't know the whole story and only heard parts of one side. However, imo, there is absolutely no excuse for being rude. If you're having a bad day, keep it to yourself. Better to be classified as the reserved, quiet type than to be classified as rude.

Msg #629089

6 replies
I counted 30 sreps to borrowers' front door
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/4/21 6:06pm

From the circle driveway where i parmed my car. It was a steep hillside property with a 3-story Victorian home. By the time I reached the last step I was ready for a cold one. Got my steps in for sure. A beautiful day in the neighborhood and got this hybrid done in no time. I then took my time getting back to my car below so I didnt take a fall. No time for urgent care visit this week.

Msg #629071

13 replies
Signing apps- Please help
By Tara Nix on 2/4/21 1:31pm

Are there any other signing apps other than: Snapdocs, SYNC, NotaryGo- that would be good to sign up with?

Msg #629067

0 replies
Oklahoma NSA
By Hew Moon on 2/4/21 11:33am

Good Morning,

I have been away from NSA work for 3 years and thinking about getting back into the business.

How is NSA work being done here in Oklahoma with COVID and all?

Thank you

Msg #629059

3 replies
Remote question
By Katrina Wenning on 2/4/21 9:27am

what would be the best process for a business that has to sign subpoenas that need notarized?

Msg #629056

6 replies
2020/2021 Companies NOT to work for
By MyCleo on 2/4/21 8:48am

Anyone want to compile a list with me so we can negate headaches for others?

Msg #629054

7 replies
Uptick in GNW
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/4/21 8:24am

I have an appointment this morning at an acute hospital to notarize a durable POA for the wife of the elderly US Army veteran I notarized last week. The son contacted me yesterday to tell me his father passed peacefully early Saturday morning in his sleep, and now he's dealing with his mother's affairs.

Lately there has been an uptick in end of life documents. I met with a lady who just had all her trust documents prepared, she is wintering in CA from Minnesota, and needed to get everything finalized "just in case."

There is the reality that anything can happen any ole time these days.

Msg #629025

7 replies
ClearEdge Title, Clearwater, FL, G/B/U?
By PegiT_MN on 2/3/21 11:06am

I received a call from ClearEdge Title for an upcoming closing in my area. Super nice, met my fee, but I can't seem to find any information on this company. Have any of you worked with them? Thank you.

Msg #629021

24 replies
New Signing Agent Start Up Suggestions
By Francesco Cirillo on 2/3/21 9:56am

I recently became a certified Notary and Signing Agent. What are some suggestions on the best ways to get experience and start making money?

Msg #629013

6 replies
Accounting Software and Book Keeper methods
By  Adamessi - Komi on 2/3/21 7:49am

Hi Everybody
Did anyone know what would be the better Accounting Software for NSA business?
And also what would be the better way or software to track my NSA business daily activity so I can have a good database for my tax preparation period.
Thanks, everyone.

Msg #629003

14 replies
Lien
By Jennifer Mumford on 2/2/21 5:56pm

Does anyone know how many pages a lien typically is and if I’ve done refinances is it easy to sign ?

Thank you

Msg #628998

4 replies
Notarize 247, Lake Forest, CA
By  Yoli/CA on 2/2/21 2:23pm

On my way to get my C-19 vaccine this morning, I get a call from Notarize 247 for a refi signing on 2/6th in Sacramento. I ask if anything special about it. Scheduler says no. I ask who's the lender. Scheduler says Stewart Title. I tell her no, that's the title company; who's the lender. She doesn't know. Then, she says all she knows is that scan backs are required. Oh! so, there's an additional service, I say. And then she asks me, "you do speak Spanish, right?" Oh! Spanish is required so there's another additional service. I get the zip code and quote her $225. Hmm, she says, pauses a little and advises me that if she can get it approved she'll call me back. Okay. Note: During this whole conversation, I was trying to recall what I'd recently read about this company but couldn't. When I hung up, figured they'd moved on to the next notary and I completely forgot about the call.

I get home from getting my vaccine, access my email and WHAM! There's the confirmation for my full fee with 7 pages of instructions. Hmmm. I access SC, see their 2-1/2 star rating, read the reviews and forum discussion about how they low ball (not in this case), how they take about 60 days to pay (could be) and read their instructions how scan backs are to go to Notarize 247 for review and they will then forward to TC (this is to be done even if package instructs to scan back to TC). Hmmm.

Well, I thought about it for a whole 30 seconds then emailed them that due to their reviews/ratings on Notary Rotary I was turning assignment back and to please reassign. Immediately, I receive an email from them saying, "We will reassign. Thank you." Then, I get another email saying, "Due to extenuating circumstances, I must cancel the signing request. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you." Guess, in their eyes, they decided to cancel me and not the other way around?? Wink Whatever!

Newbies: It's perfectly okay to turn back an assignment you've accepted if you're not comfortable with the terms/reviews.

Msg #628997

2 replies
Available
By Melissa Bullard on 2/2/21 2:01pm

Quill & Ink Notary is available for loan signings

Msg #628991

2 replies
Please help...Signings?
By Danna Gallow on 2/2/21 12:28pm

I'm new to Notary Rotary. Will Notary Rotary automatically send me signing notifications, or, will I have to directly sign up with these companies in the directory?

Msg #628989

2 replies
SOS Sign Notary
By  Ilene C. Seidel on 2/2/21 12:22pm

I can't find anything on this company, the phone number is 949-238-7709
Anyone heard of them?

Msg #628978

13 replies
Credit Card for 2nd Form of ID
By Sue on 2/2/21 10:59am

Has anyone else come across this? Lender (will remain nameless) tells client that a credit card can be used as a second form of ID when 2 forms are required. This has NEVER been an acceptable form of ID in the 20+ years I have been a notary.

Msg #628977

5 replies
horrible client
By Da Silva - Norina on 2/2/21 10:13am

I have been an NSA for five terms now and it is very rare that I get a horrible client but yesturday I had one who happened to say she used to do closings mind you. So I am also a realtor and in law school btw. I'm at the table giving a basic description of the docs and we all know there is a legal fine line to that right. I get to the GAP and explain to her that this document is in regards to her title insurance and show her where on her closing disclosure that it is payed for in the transaction and explained that there had not been a break in the title insurance ok. This is more then my job in that capacity asks for. My job here is to verify her identity and show her where to sign and if she has a question show her where she can find the answer. She gets all annoyed and says what is title insurance why do I need it so of course my job is to then refer her to her loan officer at Caliber Home Loans because by law they were supposed to have explained all the charges to her at this point and I cannot. So we call and the processor gets on the phone Colleen Gaynar and explains (she also has a finance question on the CD) and then the processor asks me on speaker phone if I am a new notary in front of the client!!!! acting like I should have been the one to explain the charge! I want you notaries to know this is not legal! you cannot do that! please do not let loan officers and processors bully you into thinking you should, it is not your job to explain title insurance and why they charged someone for it. Maybe its me who knows but I think the processor should have been professional and kind at the very least.

Msg #628961

8 replies
Travel UV sanitizing wand from Sharper Image
By  Cheryl Elliott on 1/31/21 2:49pm

I just purchased two after a client/physician demonstrated his for me at his home office and says that a lot of his peers are ordering the wands for home and office. Has anyone here ordered these?

Travel UV Sanitizing Wand

The Travel UV Sanitizing Wand uses powerful Ultraviolet-C light to significantly reduce microscopic germs, mold and other health hazards. Use it all over your house, or take it with you to the office or hotel!

• Naturally eliminates germs that cause colds, infections, asthma and allergic reactions

• UV Wavelength: 253.7nm (wavelengths 100nm to 280nm are designated “UV-C” and effective in microbial control)

• Destroyed up to 99.9% of E. coli in laboratory tests

• Chemical-free

• Odorless

• No harmful residue

• A hypoallergenic way to disinfect kitchen surfaces and utensils, beds, sofas, children’s toys and more

• Safe and easy to use

• Built-in timer with auto shutoff

• Silent operation

• New Safety Feature: A built-in safety switch will automatically turn the UV-C light off if the device is turned upward, protecting your eyes from exposure to UV-C light.

• For Bedding/Mattresses: Hold the UV-C Light Sanitizing Wand approximately 1-2 inches from the surface and gradually move the wand over the entire area. Allow the light to stay on each area for 5-10 seconds to ensure optimum exposure.

• For Personal Hygiene items (hair brushes, toothbrushes, jewelry, razors): Place items on a counter, away from water. Hold the UV-C Light Sanitizing Wand approximately 1-2 inches away from each object. Expose each object to the UV-C light for 10 seconds.

• For Kitchen Utensils: Place items on a counter, away from water. Hold the UV-C Light Sanitizing Wand approximately 2-3 inches away from each object. Expose each object to the UV-C light for 10 seconds.

• For Counters/Bathroom Fixtures: Hold the UV-C Light Sanitizing Wand 2-4 inches above the surface. Expose the counter/fixtures to the UV-C light for 10-20 seconds.

• Other uses (computer keyboards, telephone handsets, baby toys, etc.): Hold the UV-C Light Sanitizing Wand 2-4 inches above the surface. Expose the items to the UV-C light for 10-20 seconds.

• Requires 4 AA batteries

Sharper Image branded items purchased from SharperImage.com include a 1-year limited replacement warranty.
Prop 65 Information

Msg #628954

5 replies
Is it starting again?
By Alz on 1/31/21 12:19pm

I conducted signings for a purchase of a new home in September and the sale of a residence in November of last year for this elderly person.

Just the other day, I was contacted by the same person to notarize two documents. As it turns out, the documents are for the recently purchased home, which is undergoing a loan modification.

Have I had my head buried in the sand and missed any discussion on loan modifications? Honestly, the last loan modification conducted by me was in April of 2013 for UST Global. You all remember them, right?

Does anyone have further insight?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.