Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I had one where when I walked in....
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/27/20 7:33pm Msg #625854
I agree with Di's assessment. It's really tough to know how things are going to go in those situations. Are they really intent on reading everything or are they just testing us? Sometimes, though, I think they're just trying to see what kind of a reaction they're going to get.

IMO, if we're confrontational, they'll dig in their heels and won't give an inch. However, if we can earn their trust early on, some will relax and move along. It also can be influenced by what kind of a relationship they've had with their LO and others they've dealt with along the way.

As most of us know, starting out with the critical documents first helps a lot in many cases. I set the expectation that those documents cover most questions people have and that the rest are mostly disclaimers and disclosures. Also, by the time we've gotten through them, we have a good idea as to whether or not they're really going to want to read everything.

I've run into some people who just believe they're supposed to read stuff, even though they may not understand much of it. What cracks me up is when (with one of those types) after I've reviewed the few key pieces of data in the DOT, then put the rest of the pages on the signed pile and give them just the signature page (with just a paragraph or two with nothing significant), and they read that page only. It's actually kind of funny. Those types need lots of encouragement... Wink

I don't want to imply that I'm the fastest through a set of documents, but I think I've managed to avoid a number of what might have been 3 hour signings this way.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 First Time I walked Out - Sorry long - kcg on 10/26/20 2:38pm
 Re: First Time I walked Out - Sorry long - CST on 10/26/20 5:59pm
 Re: First Time I walked Out - Sorry long -  Expeditor on 10/26/20 8:27pm
 Re: First Time I walked Out - Sorry long - Luckydog on 10/26/20 9:40pm
 had a reader last night...one of my good friends! - CST on 10/27/20 12:05pm
 I would have walked out too. It sounds like you walked into -  MW/VA on 10/27/20 12:45pm
 I had one where when I walked in.... - notarydi/CA on 10/27/20 5:18pm
 Re: I had one where when I walked in.... -  JanetK_CA on 10/27/20 7:33pm
 That happened to me once... - FeliseSoCal on 10/27/20 5:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.