Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Speaking As An Ex Wells Fargo Employee . . .
Posted by PegiT_MN of MN on 11/16/18 6:31pm Msg #600381
. . . the Des Moines, Iowa and Fort Mill, South Carolina sites are major consumer lending and underwriting sites. Minneapolis, Minnesota has a gigantic home mortgage campus with consumer lending and underwriting as well. There is also a large one somewhere in Arizona I believe. This is not uncommon for Wells Fargo to lay off during the slow times and then hire a ton of contractors a few months later to come in and work for them and continue the cycle of a bunch of layoffs and then a bunch of hiring again a few months after that. Everyone here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area knows that Wells Fargo is a revolving door when it comes to their mortgage division and everyone who has ever been in this industry has done some kind of a stint at Wells Fargo.

I see that many notary signing agents are not busy with Wells Fargo closings, but due to the fact that they have such a huge presence here in Minnesota, I do quite a few of them. I just did one today as a matter of fact. I think I am doing at least eight to ten per month . . . not nearly as many as a couple of my other lenders who seem to be hot in this area right now . . . but I am still getting them. US Bank was busy here but they have fallen off the face of the earth, and so has Chase.

Wells Fargo is most likely regrouping, getting rid of their employees and bringing in contractors so they don't have to pay benefits and can get rid of them without notice. I just drove past the gigantic Wells Fargo campus here in Minneapolis this week and it appears they are building a new parking structure so something has to be going on. It's not time for Plan B just yet.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Wells Fargo Bank cutting 1,000 positions nationwide ... - Yoli/CA on 11/15/18 4:49pm
 Re: Wells Fargo Bank cutting 1,000 positions nationwide ... - Luckydog on 11/15/18 6:45pm
 Re: Wells Fargo Bank cutting 1,000 positions nationwide ... - Clem/CA on 11/15/18 7:26pm
 Re: Wells Fargo Bank cutting 1,000 positions nationwide ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/16/18 8:08am
 Re: Wells Fargo Bank cutting 1,000 positions nationwide ... - Yoli/CA on 11/16/18 2:49pm
 Speaking As An Ex Wells Fargo Employee . . . - PegiT_MN on 11/16/18 6:31pm
 This is normal... - Signerbill on 11/16/18 12:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.