Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Oregon & stapling
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/31/19 5:58pm Msg #602718
I think that might just be the author's interpretation of it, but then again, isn't Oregon one of the states where weed is legal? I mean, the phrase "organic document" kind of gives it away...

You may be overthinking this. My reading of it is similar to Janet's: a loose certificate should be securely attached to the document to which it applies - that is, the page with the signature on it that has been notarized. The notarization does not apply to the entire document - it only applies to the signatures. Remember the mantra - we don't notarize documents, we notarize the signatures on those documents.

Taking it a step further, many of these documents are going to be digitized, which is tough to do when they're stapled together. So that industrial-strength staple you managed to muscle into the complete document is not going to be appreciated by your client when it has to be removed with a crowbar so that the document can be fed through a scanner...

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Heavy duty stapler for notarized docs? -  VT_Syrup on 1/31/19 10:59am
 Re: Heavy duty stapler for notarized docs? - Luckydog on 1/31/19 11:43am
 TYVM, LD. That is some stapler! n/m - grapebed on 1/31/19 12:28pm
 Re: Heavy duty stapler for notarized docs? -  JanetK_CA on 1/31/19 2:31pm
 Oregon & stapling -  VT_Syrup on 1/31/19 4:04pm
 Re: Oregon & stapling -  JanetK_CA on 1/31/19 4:27pm
 Re: Oregon & stapling - MikeC/TX on 1/31/19 5:58pm
 Re: Oregon & stapling -  VT_Syrup on 1/31/19 8:50pm
 organic? lol! please site source. I read 2018 Oregon Guide -  sigtogo/OR on 1/31/19 6:55pm
 Re: organic? lol! please site source. I read 2018 Oregon Guide -  VT_Syrup on 1/31/19 8:30pm
 My thoughts mirror MikeC/TX regarding the 'receiving end' -  Christine/OK on 1/31/19 6:07pm
 Also agree with MikeC n/m - LisaKT/CA on 2/1/19 11:17am
 Stapling Loose Notarial Certificates in Colorado - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 2/1/19 11:28am
 Re: Stapling Loose Notarial Certificates in Colorado -  janCA on 2/1/19 2:57pm
 Stapling overkill--reminds me of the drug stores that put -  MW/VA on 2/1/19 7:10pm
 So funny! "drug stores that put so many"________:)________ n/m -  Christine/OK on 2/2/19 7:15am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.