Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: CT SENATE BILL PROHIBITS NOTARIES
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 8/26/19 12:41pm Msg #609634
Not to confuse CT with CO (not typo, just thought Incorrectly that Colorado, CT, or some such C was an attorney-only closing State). We have some CO Nsa's on here who won't let me promulgate my erroneous assumptions, to their credit . . . Wink

Virginia legal authorities say that NSAs "have not established that they have the required knowledge and skill to handle such transactions, and they have not successfully met requirements of examination, licensure, insurance, continuing education and fiduciary responsibility deemed necessary to provide "escrow, closing or settlement services" in a diligent and competent manner."

Well, the SCC amended, saying that a revision was in order regarding its "settlement agent rules and clarified that NSAs who handle funds in connection with a loan signing assignment or real estate closing must be LICENSED as a settlement agent."

This was a more recent (last couple of years) clarification so we could all be in sync. I remember when taking the first time notary training from a VA trainer back a few years it was stressed for us NOT to do closing transactions where Any funds were due. I suppose that as the Trainer it was important for her to cover herself in the event of liability. Wanted us to err on side of Caution!

Also she made it clear that a non-Title agent notary should Not ignore the non-compliant notarial certificate in Virginia prom notes presented for notarization.

Enough with the tongue twisters of the day.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 NEW CT SENATE BILL PROHIBITS NOTARIES FROM REFI'S - tony1994CT on 8/24/19 9:34pm
 Not just refinances...all real estate closings... - Linda_H/FL on 8/25/19 7:25am
 Sorry to hear that CT has gone to attorney only! This -  MW/VA on 8/26/19 7:37am
 What a tragedy! You never know when your career -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/26/19 7:47am
 A windfall for CT atty's; a downfall for CT NSA's n/m -  John/CT on 8/26/19 8:34am
 Re: A windfall for CT atty - Tallsally on 8/28/19 7:44am
 Re: A windfall for CT attys PARTIALLY CAUSED BY NEWBIES! -  Ernest__CT on 8/29/19 12:25am
 Re: CT SENATE BILL PROHIBITS NOTARIES - NVLSlady/VA on 8/26/19 12:41pm
 The confusion in VA is still there. We don't perform -  MW/VA on 8/26/19 8:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.