Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"SECURE Notarization Act" is introduced in US Senate.
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 3/23/20 5:07pm Msg #617603
I posted a link in another thread below with a PR from Source of Title, but here's a link to another article that has more info: http://nationalmortgageprofessional.com/news/74211/social-distancing-spurs-introduction-remote-online-notarization-legislation.

Key statement from the article: "The SECURE Notarization Act would authorize all notaries to perform RONs, requires tamper-evident technology in electronic notarizations and provides fraud prevention through use of multifactor authentication."

And, of course, there are no details provided on how these things would be - or should be - accomplished. So the cart is once again before the horse. This bill is still under negotiation, but with what's going on with the coronavirus, I fear our arguments against it will sound feeble. Perhaps it's time for those who want to survive in this field to begin research on how to achieve those two criteria - or look for a job with Notarize, or one of the other RON providers...

My intent here is not to give advice, just to raise awareness, as I did over a week ago at the beginning of the "stay at home" orders, when I warned this could be happening.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "SECURE Notarization Act" is introduced in US Senate. - JanetK_CA on 3/23/20 5:07pm
 the states will be ready to implement asap, right? -  sigtogo/OR on 3/23/20 8:44pm
 Re: the states will be ready to implement asap, right? - JanetK_CA on 3/24/20 3:27am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.