Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: We are not exempt, IMO, & pose a very high risk to
Posted by Karla/WA of WA on 3/24/20 7:00pm Msg #617707
My attempt in posting was to identify how the State of WA is classifying our position. I called the Secretary of State's office and they referred me to the business department and the Governor's office.

As in most locations, employees of the banks are not authorized to sign their loans. So, we are the ones to facilitate the loan closings. This includes, Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo (none HELOC), etc and PennyMac, Loan Depot, and Quicken and a host of others.

I appreciate that each of us has the choice to decide for themselves whether to continue conducting signings or not during this time. Others have identified that signing services are lowering their prices. I, for one, am increasing my prices, but not price gouging.

This forum seems to be pretty much like Facebook. Rather than share a piece of information provided by the Governor of WA State and hoping other WA notaries can benefit, I am ridiculed.

I am healthy, take my temperature 2 times a day, operate from the CDC guidelines of not having more than 10 individuals in a room. I go to signings, and then come back to my home....get my documents out and then come back to my home....Our household consists of my husband and dog (the husband works from home).

Our "stay at home" mandate goes into effect tomorrow at midnight, so as of now, and my landscape here in Snohomish County, I feel I take the necessary precautions. I will reassess as new mandates/suggestions come to light. I ask my clients a host of questions prior to conducting the loan signing. I will not put myself in harms way (or others). I have had numerous signings in carports, driveways and garages....just to be safe, and bring my
"pristine" pens, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. to each signing.

I hope everyone reading this is in good health and that continues. Peace!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Essential Business personnel - Karla/WA on 3/24/20 10:34am
 Re: Essential Business personnel -  Yoli/CA on 3/24/20 10:46am
 Re: Essential Business personnel - Linda_H/FL on 3/24/20 10:55am
 Gov Pritzker of IL on reality and need to stay home -  sigtogo/OR on 3/24/20 11:24am
 Re: Lots of takers in FL, no thank you -  ML/PA on 3/24/20 11:39am
 We are not exempt, IMO, & pose a very high risk to -  MW/VA on 3/24/20 1:33pm
 Re: We are not exempt, IMO, & pose a very high risk to - Karla/WA on 3/24/20 7:00pm
 Re: We are not exempt, IMO, & pose a very high risk to -  Claudine Osborne on 3/24/20 7:34pm
 Re: We are not exempt, IMO, & pose a very high risk to - Karla/WA on 3/24/20 7:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.