Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Taking a chance
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 3/30/20 9:45pm Msg #618207
We do take these everyday. Everytime we get behind the wheel of our cars or board a plane. As my doctor told me (Unmasked, as were his staff), even the "careful" are getting it. He recommended the Common Sense precautions, such as frequent washing and staying away from people coughing/sneezing; and IF you have to be told Not to smoke/vape then I seriously doubt so-called scare tactics would work in this case . . . anymore than suggesting GROUP SINGING!!

"One could imagine that really trying to project your voice would also project more droplets and aerosols.” Naturally.

Ummm... how many concerts, singing performances are you seeing happening now in Real Time (live)?? If you have to ask yourself that, likely it would be best to suspend loan signings for the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, we all know we can Lessen the risk of spreading, contracting by any number of things:

-Limit appointments to 1 day weekly
-Limit appointments to local area only
-Refuse signings with sick people
-Stay out of people's homes
-Stay at home
-Use your PPE
-Sanitize, Sanitize, Sanitize!
-Refuse signings altogether
-Take your C, Elderberry, Ginseng, Echinacea . . .
-Clean your colon
-Do breathing exercises
-Dive in the Ocean without your SCUBA (Bad idea)
-Smoke a pack of cigarettes daily (Bad idea)
-Don't use the crosswalk (Bad idea)
-Hang your head out the car window - and take your chances (my Grandmother remembered this childhood mistake with zero fondness ... and that was when cars didn't go all that fast)

As we know, None of these actions guarantee good health (and it's almost a certainty that some of them won't).

P.S. I ran into Dr. at his office but wasn't seeing him for an appointment. To me it would seem Reasonable to have a mask for the benefit of his patients, especially as he also treats women with gestational diabetes. I didn't think to ask if he wore a mask in exam room.

Jmo
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - PegiT_MN on 3/30/20 2:31pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - Calnotary on 3/30/20 2:51pm
 Stop With The Fear Mongering! - PegiT_MN on 3/30/20 2:56pm
 Re: Stop With The Fear Mongering! - Calnotary on 3/30/20 3:01pm
 Agree with PegiT - Luckydog on 3/30/20 3:07pm
 Re: Agree with PegiT - Calnotary on 3/30/20 3:11pm
 Apologies, and did sound harsh. Sorry n/m - Luckydog on 3/30/20 3:25pm
 Taking a chance - NVLSlady/VA on 3/30/20 9:45pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - shooterclay on 3/30/20 3:36pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - linda/ca on 3/31/20 5:36am
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - shooterclay on 3/31/20 8:22pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? -  JanetK_CA on 3/30/20 4:23pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - PegiT_MN on 3/30/20 4:31pm
 glad you consulted your doctor....I consulted mine - notarydi/CA on 3/30/20 5:10pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? -  KimmyMD on 4/1/20 4:02pm
 Re: Just had a friend die - Carolyn Bodley on 3/30/20 6:50pm
 Re: Just had a friend die -  janCA on 3/31/20 7:43pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - RY on 3/31/20 1:16pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - IAC on 3/31/20 3:34pm
 Re: How Do You Know If You Should Be Doing Closings? - shooterclay on 3/31/20 8:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.