Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/27/20 5:51pm Msg #621483
I'm including the whole 'social distancing', mask wearing issue as part of the negotiation with the person scheduling the assignment right up front, for whatever good that does. I think some just agree that it won't be a problem and mentally dump it back in my lap, but I think at least one person decided to call someone else. Fine by me. I do also confirm it with the signer.

I've been pretty lucky so far, but I'm still limiting the amount of work I'm accepting. The last person I met with was even more concerned than me and was very relieved when I brought up the issue of signing outside. Naturally, these sometimes result in less than optimal conditions (e.g. very small tables, no chairs, etc.) and I'm not looking forward to getting stuck somewhere in direct sunlight and 90 degrees. (I can burn in 10 minutes...) But so far, so good.

I think I'm going to keep your story about the man who just underwent a stem cell transplant in mind to use as an explanation if I ever get any push back about mask wearing. I think I'd have been strongly tempted to walk if I ran into a guy like him. (Once there, though, I probably wouldn't, even though I should...)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - PegiT_MN on 6/27/20 7:31am
 I would have walked out. I wear a mask & take all the -  MW/VA on 6/27/20 10:38am
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - Luckydog on 6/27/20 12:37pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - Art_FL on 6/27/20 2:23pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday -  JanetK_CA on 6/27/20 5:39pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - SteveS/CA on 6/28/20 1:56pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - F HIM - schlub/NC on 6/27/20 4:30pm
 Reported as this belongs in JP if at all n/m -  Amigoaz on 6/27/20 5:21pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - F HIM -  fvmn/IL on 7/9/20 8:27pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday -  JanetK_CA on 6/27/20 5:51pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - pdl/cali on 6/27/20 7:14pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday - SteveS/CA on 6/28/20 2:02pm
 title company contractual agreement...... - notarydi/CA on 6/28/20 4:29pm
 Re: I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday -  Expeditor on 7/1/20 3:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.