Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 7/2/20 3:52am Msg #621618
There was some comment about this form recently, but I couldn't find it. Has anyone had to complete this and return it to your hiring party before going to the signing? When I first saw it, I had just glanced at it and assumed it was for the borrower to fill out.

In case any of you haven't seen it yet, it starts out like this:

"As concern over the COVID-19 coronavirus continues to grow, the mortgage finance industry and the National Notary Association is instituting new temporary recommendations and guidance for both Signing Agents and signers/borrowers to reduce the risk of exposure."

It then goes on to ask the notary to complete the 3 questions to "help us take precautionary measures to protect you and everyone in this setting." (And it has the NNA logo at the top of the page.)

Sounds nice at first blush, except that there's no guidance or recommendations and the only person being screened is the NSA, not the signers. What authority does the NNA have to institute anything? And how does this do anything to protect notaries? I'm pretty sure that the only 'precautionary measures' that would be taken would be reassigning the job if there were any positive responses. [If any of you have any question in your minds about whose interests they really look out for, just read this form again...]

To be frank, it's most likely just something to protect them from liability. [I've heard from the EO on this one twice (when originally assigned and when he sent docs) and he didn't mention it at all.] It would be refreshing for them to just be honest about it rather than pretending it's something it isn't. (But maybe that would negate absolving them of liability if anyone later got sick...)

Maybe we should be asking these questions to our signers ourselves when we confirm our appointments... Wink Any other thoughts?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire - JanetK_CA on 7/2/20 3:52am
 Re: Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire - Lee/AR on 7/2/20 8:54am
 Re: Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire -  Doris_CO on 7/2/20 9:16am
 Yes, one tc has that form & another has a form in the pkg. -  MW/VA on 7/2/20 9:17am
 BTW, that form originated by XYZ goes back to the obvious -  MW/VA on 7/2/20 9:18am
 Yep..and "travel outside the U.S." isn't even an issue - Linda_H/FL on 7/2/20 9:22am
 Re: Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire - PegiT_MN on 7/2/20 9:18am
 Couldn't agree more, PegiT n/m - Linda_H/FL on 7/2/20 9:23am
 If the lender has it in the pkg. we complete it. I didn't -  MW/VA on 7/2/20 12:28pm
 Re: If the lender has it in the pkg. we complete it. I didn - Luckydog on 7/2/20 12:41pm
 Re: If the lender has it in the pkg. we complete it. I didn - Luckydog on 7/2/20 12:42pm
 2 reasons title gave me - Luckydog on 7/4/20 11:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.