Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Fingers crossed: might have done continuing ed for 2023
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 7/15/20 5:52am Msg #622048
Vermont is starting to require 2 hours of continuing education for each 2 year term. The first term where we will have to show evidence of continuing education to renew will be the 2023-2024 term. The rules for what counts haven't been written yet.

For other professions, the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) is very flexible. There is no need to show that the education covers all aspects of the profession; you can take whatever interests you, as long as it is related to the profession. Some professions, like land surveyors, have to get the courses specifically approved. Other professions, like engineering, just have a general description of what the course should be about, and it's up to the professional to decide if the course meets the description or not. (But there are random audits, so you better be prepared to explain your reasoning.)

I took a course on cryptography for my engineering license. It counts for 3 hours. It's within the time window where I can carry it over and count it as if I took it in the 2021-2022 term, and use it for my 2023 renewal application.

In my mind, since electronic notarization is allowed in the law (but not yet in the rules), it's obviously relevant. Let's hope the new rules, when they come out, agree.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fingers crossed: might have done continuing ed for 2023 -  VT_Syrup on 7/15/20 5:52am
 So where did you take eNotarization course? n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 7/15/20 12:02pm
 Re: So where did you take eNotarization course? -  VT_Syrup on 7/15/20 1:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.