Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Hysterical July 2020 month end
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 7/27/20 9:08am Msg #622432
Crazy busy, my phone rang off the hook. I was booked solid on Saturday, but the phone rang incessantly and I finally had to say no, no, no.

In the midst of all this craziness, I had a client call asking if I could notarize a statement that his ex-wife was giving him full custody of his daughter, could I meet with him to notarize her signature. I don't think so, sir, you need to petition the court for full custody. NO CAN DO if he wants it to be legal!

The best loan I signed on Saturday was for an Army veteran who served in Afghanistan came home to marry his sweetheart nurse, they bought a house 10 years ago and just refi'd to 2.25%. Made my heart happy to see them saving so much money.

I'm either signing nurses, school teachers, engineers, doctors, lawyers, people who are blessed to still have jobs. Every file has more forms addressing indemnity/hold harmless for title and lender and a statement of non-forbearance situations with existing lenders.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in some of the most beautiful gardens, performing my work in the shade of a pergola, shade tree or umbrella. Heck, I hope not to return to indoor signings!

Every borrower I meet with tells me how painful it was to get their loan processed due to the numbers of people trying to refinance while rates are so low. One title company has over 60,000 loans in process, trying to get all the conditions for funding resolved. The big hiccup is a verification of employment.

I got to catch my breath yesterday, enjoyed the beautiful coastal weather and social distanced dinner with friends. Back at it today...it's going to be brutal.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Hysterical July 2020 month end -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/27/20 9:08am
 Oh That Is Great Cheryl! - PegiT_MN on 7/27/20 9:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.