Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Notary Admin Rules (?)
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 8/6/20 9:17am Msg #622823
http://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2020/03/states-emergency-action-remote-notarization#TThroughW

Well, I know there are States I WOULDN'T mirror when making the Standard determination; but that doesn't mean they can't be a valuable information source. Just depends on what we're really talking about here. Admin, as in nuts & bolts or . . . ?
Might it be helpful to organize a Workgroup in your State (see my pm) as other States -including on here- have done?
Collaborators mean success.

From what we've seen so far, among the biggest standardization challenges are defining "personal appearance."
Some States are combining RIN/RON or instituting other emergency procedures, while others are far less accommodating.
Even WHERE a commissioned notary may practice is under debate now (as see from the NY/FL) depending on the document's originating State).*

You've got your work cut out for you; and that engineering training may come in handy!
I'd volunteer as a Research Assistant and Writer, but don't want to over-extend Wink

From above source (good or bad model?):
The Vermont Secretary of State issued an emergency administrative rules permitting signers and Notaries to satisfy the personal appearance requirement via a secure communication link. However, the emergency rules only apply to paper documents and “do not permit electronic notarization or remote online notarization of electronic documents.”

In order to perform a notarization in this manner:

The signer must be in Vermont.
The Notary must verify the signer’s identity either through personal knowledge, a credible witness or 2 different types if identification presented by the signer.
The notarization must be “performed on a tangible (paper) record” either sent to the Notary in its original paper form or transmitted electronically and printed out by the Notary.
The notarial certificate must be hand-written, imprinted by a stamp or embosser, or both on the document.
The Notary — or a person acting on their behalf — a must create an audio-visual recording of the notarization and retain it for at least 7 years.

*We're At large in VA, referring to docs to be used anywhere in the Commonwealth or Federal Govt issuances; but my territory frequently takes me to border locations, i.e., cities around the Potomac. Wish we could operate as One. Lots of government workers here in the capitol.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary rules for a RULONA state? -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 7:21am
 Re: Notary rules for a RULONA state? - Luckydog on 8/5/20 12:15pm
 Re: Notary rules for a RULONA state? -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 1:54pm
 Will you be applying for one of the three Advisor positions? - Michelle/AL on 8/5/20 12:51pm
 Re: Will you be applying for one of the three Advisor positions? -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 1:54pm
 I do hope you get that position! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 8/5/20 2:05pm
 Notary Admin Rules (?) - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/20 9:17am
 Clarify what I mean by rules -  VT_Syrup on 8/6/20 10:19am
 Your hypothetical question is RON related. - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/20 10:31am
 Re: Your hypothetical question is RON related. -  VT_Syrup on 8/6/20 11:11am
 Excellent! Thanks for the clarification. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/20 1:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.