Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Your hypothetical question is RON related.
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 8/6/20 11:11am Msg #622827
The Vermont notary law allows RON, but only after rules have been issued, and they haven't been issued yet. In fact, in-person electronic notarization is also on hold until rules are issued.

RIN is allowed under an emergency COVID-19 rule which will expire when the pandemic is over. (I could look up the details of when it will expire, but there's no point, because no doubt a new emergency rule will be issued if it's about to expire and the pandemic is continuing.)

There are other emergency laws and rules which allow the people in charge of boards and hearings to administer oaths to those appearing before the board or hearing by video conference or phone, but that's not part of the notary law or notary rules.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary rules for a RULONA state? -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 7:21am
 Re: Notary rules for a RULONA state? - Luckydog on 8/5/20 12:15pm
 Re: Notary rules for a RULONA state? -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 1:54pm
 Will you be applying for one of the three Advisor positions? - Michelle/AL on 8/5/20 12:51pm
 Re: Will you be applying for one of the three Advisor positions? -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 1:54pm
 I do hope you get that position! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 8/5/20 2:05pm
 Notary Admin Rules (?) - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/20 9:17am
 Clarify what I mean by rules -  VT_Syrup on 8/6/20 10:19am
 Your hypothetical question is RON related. - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/20 10:31am
 Re: Your hypothetical question is RON related. -  VT_Syrup on 8/6/20 11:11am
 Excellent! Thanks for the clarification. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/20 1:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.