Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: To Each Their Own -- kinda agree with Pegi
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 8/9/20 3:11pm Msg #622906
This company has a solid 3-star rating in SC. I have worked with them and, at this point, plan on continuing to accept their assignments when possible. Yeah, SC shows some 1-star reviews from some NSAs who've had slow/no payment. Don't know what's going on there.

Luckydog is right. We shouldn't have to chase payment. My view of chasing payment is calling/emailing (several/numerous times) when payment is late and either being ignored or getting the run-around (A/P is out sick; check's in the mail; "let me check with bookkeeping and get back to you" and never does, etc.). IMO, if all it takes is one communication and e-check is sent out same day, that's not chasing payment. I kind of agree with PegiT. I'd rate them pretty good, not fabulous -- only 'cause a reminder is usually (not always) required. (And, I did give them 4 stars in SC) Again, jmo.

My bookkeeping system is set up to send an automatic reminder at 3, 7 and 14 days late. This same system shows me list of all invoices including due date. I keep an eye on this and when any payment is not received on time, I'll usually send friendly email reminder on the due date or next day. Only once, in May 2020 when I was extremely busy, did I not notice and the auto reminder was sent at 3-days-late and e-check was received same day. It just so happens it was this company.

As an aside: Approximately 10 years ago, I instituted this MO of immediately contacting hiring company of non-received notary fee when I was left hanging for 2 signings by Eleventh Hour Signings when they filed bankruptcy. That was one I never saw coming. They were SO good ... until they weren't. ;( I swore back then - Never Again!

So, I don't know if those NSAs who post no payment just don't keep tabs on their receivables and make the necessary reminding call/email or what's going on with them. I don't work with NSS often due to scheduling conflict but my experience has been: 4 in 2019 and 1 in 2020.

Currently, about 9 companies are keeping me VERY busy. Only 2 of those pay by check. The others are either e-check or direct deposit (ACH/EFT).

Recommendation to Newbies: Always generate an invoice. Some hiring companies may not require an invoice, and that's okay. But, to all others, ALWAYS send that invoice. Keep tabs on your receivables and don't be afraid to call/email when payment is not received on due date or day after and, if necessary, make a pest of yourself.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Nationwide Signing Services - Donna Moore on 8/7/20 6:08am
 Re: Nationwide Signing Services - Luckydog on 8/7/20 6:34am
 Re: Nationwide Signing Services -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 10:49am
 I have the opposite problem with them...... - notarydi/CA on 8/7/20 11:27am
 Re: I have the opposite problem with them...... -  Yoli/CA on 8/7/20 12:56pm
 curious...anyone contact title regarding them? n/m - Mung/CA on 8/7/20 5:01pm
 I Think They Are Fabulous! - PegiT_MN on 8/7/20 9:17pm
 Re: I Think They Are Fabulous! - Luckydog on 8/8/20 8:36am
 I Have No Idea. - PegiT_MN on 8/9/20 9:22am
 They tout excellent service to their clients -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/8/20 9:16am
 Why do seasoned NSA's still work for them? - Luckydog on 8/8/20 4:55pm
 Who says -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/8/20 5:54pm
 Re: Who says - Luckydog on 8/8/20 6:28pm
 I should have said "had to call them" -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/8/20 8:27pm
 To Each Their Own - PegiT_MN on 8/9/20 9:26am
 Re: To Each Their Own -- kinda agree with Pegi -  Yoli/CA on 8/9/20 3:11pm
 Re: To Each Their Own -- kinda agree with Pegi -  VT_Syrup on 8/9/20 3:48pm
 Re: To Each Their Own -- kinda agree with Pegi -  Yoli/CA on 8/9/20 5:24pm
 I'm with you, Yoli, no time to make collection calls tho -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/12/20 8:28am
 Traveling thru unsightly dimensions... - NVLSlady/VA on 8/9/20 9:59pm
 Re: Nationwide Signing Services - James Hendersond on 8/12/20 12:22am
 enough banter...why don't we post our personal exp? Who'sin n/m - Mung/CA on 8/12/20 2:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.