Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

WOW! That storm packed a wallop! 1 million customers
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 8/12/20 7:14am Msg #622934
without power and internet connectivity since Monday 10 am. I called Traci Shoemaker and she and Harry were having the worst days of their lives cleaning up, ramping back up to restore the site and internet access. They worked tirelessly together to get NR up and running as quickly as possible.

Most folks don't realize how fortunate we are to have such a great site, and how much we rely on it for all it's unique features, researching companies, page separator and fax functionalities.

I have a friend who works at Nationwide Insurance in Des Moines. Lots of trees pulled right out of the ground, toppling homes and crushing cars. He spent hours in his basement with his parrot waiting out the storm. I'll bet this was the most frightening experience he's ever had in his life, and he was shot by a gangster in Omaha when he was a policeman in his 20s, back in the 70s. He retired from law enforcement after this event and got into the insurance business. There will be a lot of insurance claim filings and adjustings for months to come in the midwest after this crazy, destructive wind force.

Never take anything for granted! Nothing is guaranteed in this life. I'm just so grateful that the folks affected by this freak storm are unharmed and no one was killed. It spanned 770 miles from Omaha to Chicago.

Heartfelt thanks to the Shoemakers for getting NR back up and running in no time at all. NR is tremendously valuable to most of us who visit it every day, several times a day. I'm just happy the Shoemaker family is unharmed and back to business as usual (maybe).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 we are back n/m - Clem/CA on 8/12/20 12:14am
 Re: we are back - JustANotary on 8/12/20 12:38am
 Re: we are back - Luckydog on 8/12/20 4:44am
 notary rotary - CST on 8/12/20 6:41am
 WOW! That storm packed a wallop! 1 million customers -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/12/20 7:14am
 True, forgot about the derecho - Luckydog on 8/12/20 8:32am
 Derecho -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/12/20 8:39am
 Re: Derecho - Luckydog on 8/12/20 9:03am
 yeah i had a tree pulled up by the roots - CST on 8/12/20 9:36am
 I wasn't following the weather situation, but wondered -  MW/VA on 8/12/20 10:00am
 18-hour site recovery is pretty remarkable -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/12/20 10:11am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.