Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Past price fixing thread from 2011
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 9/16/20 4:10pm Msg #624589
In the past, many of us never posted about what we charged for signings. If you do a search of messages 396066 thru 396319 from September 2011, there is a complete thread. Pay close attention to MichiganAl’s post who had a lengthy discussion with the DOJ. Also MikeC’s post “... it has nothing to do with gouging. There is a reason most folks here are unwilling to even mention what they charge. You CANNOT get together with your competition and set minimum prices; it is a violation of the antitrust laws, and you may end up in a pile of federal foo-doo if you’re caught doing it. Laws don’t have to make sense, they just have to be laws...”

I’m sure there are more threads on the subject. NSAs are competitors and that’s where price fixing comes into play.

If you believe the DOJ can’t question you because you don’t post with your name, think twice.

Quit worrying about the low ballers accepting signings. Go about your own biz and take the signings willing to meet your fee — and quit telling people not to accept less than such and such
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Past price fixing thread from 2011 - Carolyn Bodley on 9/16/20 4:10pm
 Re: doo-doo not foo-doo — although it may be interesting n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 9/16/20 4:12pm
 Re: Even XYZ - Carolyn Bodley on 9/16/20 4:22pm
 Re: Past price fixing thread from 2011 - Bob_Chicago on 9/16/20 5:30pm
 Re: Past price fixing thread from 2011 - Carolyn Bodley on 9/16/20 5:56pm
 I also got that call from the DOJ about the anti-trust -  MW/VA on 9/16/20 8:15pm
 Nice to hear from you Bob. I hope you're enjoying the good -  MW/VA on 9/16/20 8:16pm
 Great to hear from you -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/17/20 7:32am
 Marilynn, Cheryl - Thanks - Bob_Chicago on 9/17/20 10:09am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.