Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Durable Power of Attorney signing first thing this morning
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 1/25/21 9:29pm Msg #628827
The gentleman's only son called me to request I come as soon as possible because his father is slipping fast and hospice just left the home. I threw my clothes on and grabbed my stack of files, tools and gulped down my coffee (I slept in for a change). I was not fully awake when I sped to their location.
The son explained to me his father wasn't going to be getting up, as he stayed in bed all weekend. Father was in the WWII serving in Europe and had quite a stellar career as an honored vet.

Son led me to his father's room, and 97-yo greeted me, and said "forgive me for not getting up", he is a true gentleman. I began asking him questions about his army career, and once he started he couldn't stop. He then told me his father had served in WWI in the army too. I engage elderly folks to make sure they are cognizant, aware and signing under their own power. I had him sign the document, then sign my journal with a fingerprint as required. After about 10 minutes into the history of his army career, he tired and fell into a nap.

It was epic. One of the best signings I've had in a long time. I'll be going back soon, as the son and nephew also in attendance do not have their trust documents in order either. I gave them a little pep talk.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Durable Power of Attorney signing first thing this morning -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/25/21 9:29pm
 Thank you for sharing that. n/m - Kellosh/CA on 1/25/21 11:49pm
 Re: Durable Power of Attorney signing first thing this morning n/m -  JanetK_CA on 1/26/21 10:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.