Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Yes, probably an Apostille request.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/27/21 3:10pm Msg #628885
Actually, I think the process is pretty straightforward, here and elsewhere. I'm also currently working with a woman on getting a copy of her son's transcript. They used to live in my city but are now living in Madrid. We covered the details via a Zoom meeting, so it's been great fun. (Turns out we were both in Madrid as young students at the same time decades ago. Smile)

It's a fairly simple two step process. First, the document gets notarized. I actually went to the school where the Assistant Principal signed an official transcript under oath (already coordinated by the mom) and I notarized his signature. There was no copy certification involved. Second, it's sent to our SOS, where they will apply the Apostille. All that does is confirm that I'm an actively commissioned Notary Public and that the notarization was properly completed.

The only complicated part, IMO, is that there's sometimes confusion about what an Apostille really is. (Of course, there's also whatever complications are involved in dealing with a government agency. Our SOS has all the steps clearly stated on their website.)

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 SOS sent back copy of passport with -  canotaryhere on 1/26/21 7:25pm
 Re: SOS sent back copy of passport with -  Yoli/CA on 1/26/21 7:42pm
 Re: SOS sent back copy of passport with -  canotaryhere on 1/27/21 6:04am
 Re: SOS sent back copy of passport with - LJCA on 1/26/21 10:51pm
 Re: SOS sent back copy of passport with -  Yoli/CA on 1/27/21 9:01am
 I assume you're talking about an Apostille. Yes, the copy -  MW/VA on 1/27/21 9:46am
 Yes, probably an Apostille request. -  JanetK_CA on 1/27/21 3:10pm
 Re: Yes, probably an Apostille request. -  canotaryhere on 2/3/21 6:09am
 Re: Yes, probably an Apostille request. -  JanetK_CA on 2/4/21 2:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.