Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Case Dismissed for Counsel not wearing mask
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 3/26/21 10:02pm Msg #630727
If the Judge had the virus, that (firsthand) perspective changes Everything. Also, "extended trial" or not, jurors may have been uncomfortable. Give 'em whatever they want and get this guy outta here! Wonder if he could have just sat at mic (away from them) Or better yet, select jurors some other way (I read there were several options offered to him . . . for the 'trial', anyway).

My real point of posting here is that Corona virus HAS CHANGED the way we do business. And that may continue for the foreseeable future. May be a good time to retire for some. My doctor did. When I asked if he'd be avail on a consulting basis if needed, he said "No!" lol

More on Perspective:

I was speaking today to a longtime friend (she's 84) who has known me since I was "young;" she also knew my mother. She told me that she just received her 1st shot of the vaccine and had recently lost a friend (fairly younger man) who had been rushed to hospital after thinking he had a "cold;" one of his lungs collapsed. Also, the man's wife had the virus and felt as if she "wanted to die."

Fortunately, the effects of the vaccine were basically mild for my friend (N.T.), but she said she was feeling sick afterward (like many here), nauseous, etc. As I have heard directly from those who battled it, N.T. said, "This is nothing to play with." They were in a very very bad way. So far these have been my age or older; and I'm in the middle-aged category now (tho the TJ's clerk did ask for my ID yesterday - which means he's either legally blind or the month's over-achieving employee Wink.

I am not prepared (and cannot afford) to confront COVID. So still masking and signing out of doors.
Did a $1M purchase (construction) signing yesterday under two massive oak trees - one over 200 years old!! It was stately, indeed. I wish the leaves had been on them (crowning glory). What am I saying?? I've been coughing and not much blooming yet! What I wish more is that we got paid commission on these deals. 12 notarizations is the most I've had in a long time.

Please continue to take precautions All, regardless of age and/or "stateliness." If not for you, do it for the loved ones in your life who cannot afford to lose you.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Case Dismissed for Counsel not wearing mask - NVLSlady/VA on 3/26/21 4:12pm
 He had a face shield on - don't see the problem - Linda_H/FL on 3/26/21 4:42pm
 Re: He had a face shield on - don - MikeC/TX on 3/26/21 4:51pm
 I get what ur saying, Mike but - NVLSlady/VA on 3/26/21 4:54pm
 Re: He had a face shield on - don't seee the problem - NVLSlady/VA on 3/26/21 4:51pm
 Re: Case Dismissed for Counsel not wearing mask - Carolyn Bodley on 3/26/21 7:02pm
 Re: Case Dismissed for Counsel not wearing mask - NVLSlady/VA on 3/26/21 10:02pm
 Bottom line is - Luckydog on 3/27/21 10:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.