Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: CA SoS RON Info Briefing follow up
Posted by Matt Miller of CA on 4/29/21 8:56am Msg #631767
I apologize to those that did not get to participate due to capacity limitations. I don't think the SoS office was prepared for the level of interest we received but is now very much aware of how very important this issue is for CA Notaries. A broad range of topics where covered, including the pros of ron, the concerns that remain for CA and of course a bunch of tech companies pitching their product. The secretary has stated that she has not taken a position on the topic of RON but is aware that at some point she will be asked to weigh in and therefore held the briefing to become informed on the issue. It's a good thing I was there, otherwise CA notaries would have been steamrolled by the tech proponents. The replay will be posted on the CA SoS Facebook page soon and when it is, I will post a link here. At this time there is no immediate change to notarization in the state of CA and there won't be any time soon. A bill would need to be passed by both houses of the legislature and signed by the governor, which isn't going to happen this year. Further, the SoS office will need time to get any RON program off the ground, again if and when any ron bill passes, which most likely would be years according to past conversations I've been involved in. Please post specific questions that you may have and I'll try to answer them one by one. Thank you for all of your interest and support.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Zoom Link: Virtual Remote Online Notarization Info Briefing - Matt Miller on 4/28/21 9:28am
 Will this be available for viewing at a later time? n/m - ananotary on 4/28/21 11:50am
 Re: Will this be available for viewing at a later time? - Matt Miller on 4/28/21 11:52am
 That would be great if the meeting is recorded. n/m - Alz on 4/28/21 2:56pm
 Bummer, I was no. 5 who logged in, but then I received -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/28/21 5:40pm
 Re: Bummer, I was no. 5 who logged in, but then I received -  JanetK_CA on 4/28/21 5:50pm
 Re: Zoom Link: Virtual Remote Online Notarization Info Briefing - lee on 4/28/21 5:37pm
 Re: Zoom Link: Virtual Remote Online Notarization Info Briefing -  JanetK_CA on 4/28/21 5:55pm
 Re: Zoom Link: Virtual Remote Online Notarization Info Briefing -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/28/21 6:11pm
 Re: Zoom Link: Virtual Remote Online Notarization Info Briefing -  JanetK_CA on 4/28/21 6:22pm
 Re: Zoom Link: Virtual Remote Online Notarization Info Briefing -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/28/21 6:27pm
 Re: CA SoS RON Info Briefing follow up - Matt Miller on 4/29/21 8:56am
 Re: CA SoS RON Info Briefing follow up -  JanetK_CA on 4/29/21 2:21pm
 Re: CA SoS RON Info Briefing follow up - VT_Syrup on 4/30/21 8:14am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.