Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: My longest was 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 9/22/21 9:36pm Msg #635306
into evening. She was a 22 year old young lady. It was a purchase signing for a condo in California. Movers had already picked up furniture and on the road. She had her car loaded to the brim and was leaving herself once we completed the signing. We sat cross-legged on the floor using two extra/empty packing boxes. It was the first thing in her life she was purchasing completely on her own, alone and BY HERSELF. Parents lived in another state. I was the only person she had, at this moment. Although I couldn’t give her legal advise, I took her under my wing, as I hoped someone would do with my own son. While everyone gets upset with readers, I insisted she read each page word-for-word. Sometimes she read the page 2 or 3 times while I was silently reading the next page. I know 99% wouldn’t do it, but I felt good when I left. She must have told her parents because a few weeks later I got a thank you card and a handwritten letter thanking me for taking all the time and making their daughter read every word/page. Like I said, it was the most important documents she had ever signed up to that time, and being a purchase, there was no turning back once signed. I wanted it to be special—and it was for both of us.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The longest seller signing on earth….Well, maybe just in my - Alz on 9/22/21 11:05am
 Been there, done that! -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/21 11:15am
 Full moon, fall equinox? biorhythms off? -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/21 11:19am
 Re: Been there, done that! Me, too! -  JanetK_CA on 9/22/21 5:09pm
 Re: The longest seller signing on earth….Well, maybe just in my - Calnotary on 9/22/21 12:08pm
 Re: The longest seller signing on earth….Well, maybe just in my - Luckydog on 9/22/21 12:55pm
 Re: The longest seller signing on earth….Well, maybe just in my - Calnotary on 9/22/21 5:02pm
 Re: The longest seller signing on earth….Well, maybe just in my - Luckydog on 9/23/21 9:13am
 Re: My longest was 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon - Carolyn Bodley on 9/22/21 9:36pm
 Re: and I can honestly say, these docs were the most - Carolyn Bodley on 9/22/21 9:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.