Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my
Posted by Valiant of NY on 6/19/22 7:19pm Msg #640845
Out of curiosity here, why would you think this business is dying? This industry is cyclical, mainly because other cyclical factors influence it (like the economy, stock market, etc.). All housing/market crashes prior to this one have always recovered, so why would one think this one won't? Because you don't know when? Well we didn't know that before either. I think the opposite, if one is not planning and preparing now (by doing their homework) for the next fast ride in the mortgage industry, they will not only be left behind, but pay more in trying to start fresh all over again.
I do agree that "paying" to plan and prep for this gig is not a necessity, but if you think there are a lot of people in this strictly as a "hobby," you are mistaken. Who picks up a hobby requiring gas at triple the cost it was a year ago? Your "competition" is notaries that want to make a profit, and keep their heads above water. Unlike those who wont start their car for less than $125. You answered your own concern. Mortgages are crushed because rates are also triple what they were last year, and they are only going higher! The labor market is "hot?" NOT! You can listen to those job report numbers all you want, but what they are not telling you is how many of those jobs were filled out by the government themselves. All that monopoly money they pushed out for government projects and programs comes with mass government hiring. So in essence, they are taking credit for something they created themselves.
It appears to me you must be a newer notary, got used to eating steak the last couple years, and now that your eating chicken, you are sour. A "seasoned" notary would not have only saw this coming, but planned and prepared for it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - grapebed on 6/19/22 6:09pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - Valiant on 6/19/22 7:19pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - grapebed on 6/19/22 8:53pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - SteveS/CA on 6/20/22 9:57am
 Funny, Steve. But very true! n/m - grapebed on 6/20/22 10:13am
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my -  BrendaTx on 6/19/22 7:23pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - Valiant on 6/19/22 7:41pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my -  BrendaTx on 6/19/22 9:09pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - SteveS/CA on 6/20/22 10:00am
 Re: Att Newbies: NOT NOW - Signerbill on 6/20/22 12:18pm
 And if you think that ARMS. HELOCS and Loan Mods are the - grapebed on 6/20/22 1:40pm
 I agree. After 16 years my biz is down to nothing! ;-( n/m -  MW/VA on 6/20/22 2:31pm
 This time is different - PaigeTurner on 6/20/22 4:00pm
 Re: This time is different - garyw148 on 6/23/22 9:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.