Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

This time is different
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 6/20/22 4:00pm Msg #640895
This downturn is different BECAUSE we are competing with RON now, and an uncertain economy and future. Not only have loans dropped off the radar, but when they do come back, it could be a whole new ball game.
Time and technology march on, whereas in the past, we bounced back as we were doing them traditionally. There is no way you will be making the same or more money doing RON closings and will have a substantial investment to get it going. then we compete with just about every state's notary pool out there for a closing / notarization happening anywhere. You think you have to be fast now to catch a closing...
You also have to consider we have newbies at probably 1000+ a month entering our occupation driving fees offered lower and lower based on bad information and YouTube influencers who are the only ones making the money.

Like GB said, unless it's a hobby to socialize and money is not the objective, it's going to be really tough to sustain a living at this now and in the future. It is true, many decent jobs out there if you have skills, but for many of us, we have aged out to start over and compete with the younger crowd now or even want to. The thought alone is nerve-wracking. Even the basic entry level skill office or bank positions require to be proficient in Excel, all Microsoft Word, Outlook, type 35 WPM...which is difficult.
It's really sad to see the state of what we are in now. you can market all you want, but if there is no business, there is no business.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - grapebed on 6/19/22 6:09pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - Valiant on 6/19/22 7:19pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - grapebed on 6/19/22 8:53pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - SteveS/CA on 6/20/22 9:57am
 Funny, Steve. But very true! n/m - grapebed on 6/20/22 10:13am
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my -  BrendaTx on 6/19/22 7:23pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - Valiant on 6/19/22 7:41pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my -  BrendaTx on 6/19/22 9:09pm
 Re: Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my - SteveS/CA on 6/20/22 10:00am
 Re: Att Newbies: NOT NOW - Signerbill on 6/20/22 12:18pm
 And if you think that ARMS. HELOCS and Loan Mods are the - grapebed on 6/20/22 1:40pm
 I agree. After 16 years my biz is down to nothing! ;-( n/m -  MW/VA on 6/20/22 2:31pm
 This time is different - PaigeTurner on 6/20/22 4:00pm
 Re: This time is different - garyw148 on 6/23/22 9:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.