Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

IdenTrust replied
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 7/27/22 1:30pm Msg #641514
I received the following reply from IdenTrusta:

BEGIN QUOTE

Janni Titara commented:

Hello Ashton,

Because of our contracts with the Department of Defense and the Federal Bridge we are required to verify the identification of the individual that is applying for a certificate .

If the applicant has recently changed their name or if there is missing data on our in-person identification form we are required to request notarized proof of the information that is not able to be verified, this can either be by getting a notarized copy or creating a copy and using a notary acknowledgment form.

We request this information to make sure that a digital certificate is not issued to a person fraudulently

We request notarized copies instead of the original since we are required to have a record of anything that is received to prove some ones identity.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Janni

END QUOTE

Those of you who have followed my forum posts can probably predict what I will do. Anybody who comes to me with a vital record from a country that the US has friendly relations wit and requests any notarization, whether they want me to certify a copy, or they want me to notarize a copy certification by document custodian, is going away empty-handed. Same for anyone who wants me to certify a copy of a court-issued document.

The only case I might even research what is possible would be a vital record from a country that doesn't exist anymore, or which is hostile to the US and it's impossible to get an official record for a person who is in the US.

Copyright note: this reply was copied under the fair use doctrine for the purpose of criticizing it. (Maybe later I will parody it, which is another allowed fair use.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 IdenTrust improper instructions for digital cert application - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 9:45am
 Re: IdenTrust improper instructions for digital cert application - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 10:14am
 Re: IdenTrust improper instructions for digital cert application - Negrete on 7/27/22 11:30am
 Re: IdenTrust improper instructions for digital cert application - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 11:58am
 All they really need to do is change that wording - Linda_H/FL on 7/27/22 11:35am
 Re: All they really need to do is change that wording - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 12:02pm
 Sent complaint - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 12:21pm
 IdenTrust replied - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 1:30pm
 Too bad your message didn't get to someone who - Linda_H/FL on 7/27/22 2:24pm
 Re: Too bad your message didn - VT_Syrup on 7/27/22 2:33pm
 I meant e-notary and RON n/m - Linda_H/FL on 7/27/22 2:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.