Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Complaint for nonpayment-Edward Miller, Central Ohio Mobile
Posted by Superior Signature Notary Service - Carla of OH on 11/25/22 9:28am Msg #643475
I want other Notaries to be aware of the experience I had recently with a fellow Ohio Notary. I will refrain from posting ALL the details here because there are too many to recount on this forum. This post is free of opinion; I've left it to relaying the facts of my experience.

Edward Miller, owner of Central Ohio Mobile Notary Service posted in this group several months ago that he wanted to put fellow Notaries in his Rolodex. (He has since deleted that post) I was one of many who responded. Shortly after, he contacted me to handle two loan signings. I conducted the signings, but never received payment and heard from him only once; he did not respond to any further correspondence. After MANY failed attempts via email and voicemail, finally I commented on his FB post that he had failed to pay me and that he refuses to respond to my inquiries for payment. FINALLY, I heard back from him! He promised to send payment and claimed that I should have sent him my electronic means of payment at the outset of our agreement. However, I never received such instruction from him. So, I provided it. He has still failed to use it for payment of my services.

After some investigating, I discovered that Edward Miller was hired by a signing service to complete one of the signings, and he had been paid by them. I also discovered that he was in violation of that signing company in contracting that signing out to another Notary. Obviously, I was unaware of his unethical business practices when I agreed to work with him. Eventually, I received payment for only ONE of the signings. It was in the form of a check.

Despite continually sending my invoice, I still have yet to receive payment for the other signing.

I have severed our business relationship as I do not work with Notaries who contract work out when they should not do so, and do not pay me for the work I performed. Again, this is MY experience working with Edward Miller; it may not be yours, and I hope it is not. This post is simply intended to inform you, my fellow Ohio Notaries Public.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Complaint for nonpayment-Edward Miller, Central Ohio Mobile - Superior Signature Notary Service - Carla on 11/25/22 9:28am
 Re: Complaint for nonpayment-Edward Miller, Central Ohio Mobile - PaigeTurner on 11/25/22 4:31pm
 I agree. Notaries should never subcontract (farm out) the -  MW/VA on 11/26/22 9:28am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.