Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Perks of the job...
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 6/6/23 10:23am Msg #645940
A dozen organic eggs plucked from the chicken coop that morning, and this was during that blip when eggs in my area were going for $8-$12/dozen (farm fresh organic probably closer to $20).

Tons of fruit. In California when the trees fruit, they fruit in mass quantities. Lemons, oranges, tangerines, pluots, persimmons, grapes, strawberries, pomegranates...

One client had her one Etsy store and gave me a pair of earrings she sells there.

A member of the Board of Directors a prestigious ivy league university my daughter was considering applying to offered to call the admission office and recommend her. We turned that down on moral reasons, but... dang.

Signed books from authors and musicians. Ended up in a famous author's house one time and got to see the movie poster of his book-turned-movie signed by all the top tier of Hollywood. That was cool.

A dentist gave me an electric toothbrush.

During the pandemic, one woman had a care package readied for me: kleenex, hand sanitizer, bottled water, snack bars, etc.

But my favorite (and most useful): One of my clients was a CFP who specialized in asset separations for divorcing couples. Happened to be right when I was going through an amicable divorce but we were having a problems figuring out how to divide a couple of the bigger assets. He provided us his services for free and were able to finalize our separation agreement right after that.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Perks of the job... - FeliseSoCal on 5/31/23 7:18pm
 Re: Perks of the job... -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/31/23 7:58pm
 My $200 cash tip was my favorite! LOL - ananotary on 5/31/23 8:04pm
 Re: Perks of the job... -  JanetK_CA on 5/31/23 8:16pm
 Re: Perks of the job... - SC/CA on 6/1/23 11:06am
 Re: Perks of the job... - pdl/cali on 6/1/23 9:43pm
 Thanks for sharing - Just ordered the book from E n/m - Alz on 6/2/23 1:33pm
 Re: Thanks for sharing - Just ordered the book from E - SC/CA on 6/3/23 12:33pm
 Re: Perks of the job... - Kellosh/CA on 6/6/23 10:23am
 Re: Perks of the job... - Linda Frezza on 6/14/23 11:47am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.