Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: virginia loan closing
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/11/24 2:24pm Msg #648638
I agree with Yoli. One more thing, though. You said you have the credentials to be a notary, but didn't say anything about getting training for loan signing. That's a whole other kettle of fish that requires additional knowledge. Be sure you get familiar with loan documents and the loan signing process before taking on the responsibility of handling documents for what is for most people the largest financial transaction of their life.

And back to the notary part, be sure you not only have the credentials, but know your state's notary laws backwards and forwards, as if you're doing loan signings, you will eventually be asked to do something illegal - and it's your signature alone that is on that certificate.

I recommend getting very familiar with the search button on this forum. It's old technology, so not the best search software in the world, but there's abundant info available here on almost any topic you can imagine free for the finding. Great way to get an education in this field.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 virginia loan closing - Lynwood Cribb on 6/11/24 12:34pm
 Welcome, Lynwood! -  Yoli/CA on 6/11/24 12:57pm
 Re: virginia loan closing -  JanetK_CA on 6/11/24 2:24pm
 I'm in Va Beach. The first thing I suggest is that you edit -  MW/VA on 6/15/24 10:02am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.