Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Diane Cipa is TOXIC! I don't even read her articles
Posted by  Loretta Reed of MD on 9/4/07 7:40am Msg #209235
I read a few of her blogs this morning. Here's my take on it.....as far as "eating my young". The laws vary in each state, we are to comply with the law and not go against it. She may not like notaries but we play a part in the transaction, like it or not. I don't care if she has 3 years or 30 years, it is what it is. I noticed that she quoted me from a conversation I had on here. She does not live in Maryland and does not take the CE classes that we do. I'm sure she takes several c.e. classes to keep her licenses up to date. I am appointed by several title insurance providers and work directly with a few. I also have my mortgage originator's license so I know what the docs are. I have my title producers license in Maryland & Virginia.

As far as someone getting Respa docs signed, I think that there is no need to have a notary go out and have a potential borrower sign them. I have never had a notary come here and do that. The broker sends them to me by mail and I sign and send them back. I also do not collect paystubs from a borrower when I go to a signing. They can send them to the broker themselves and should have done that prior to closing. For that fact, they can fax them to the broker/ lender. The only thing I have gotten at a signing is a homeowners dec page.

We all have a big responsibility when going to a borrowers home to have them sign their mortgage. We should act like we know what we are doing. I personally think that every state, that is not an attorney state, should require a notary to have their t.p.l. I have done so many closings that the borrower told me that the prior notary had no clue what they were doing and some notaries actually admitted it out loud.

Let's have her statements make us better and not bitter. There is always someone in this industry that knocks the other. I could go on and on about real estate agents. That is a whole different story and I have a few of them.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 She is at it again!!! - Tess on 9/3/07 10:09pm
 I agree with your opinion Tess, but a major correction -  Charles_Ca on 9/3/07 11:01pm
 Charles, I don't think this was Tess' opinion, but the words -  KimK/pa on 9/3/07 11:30pm
 Could be KIm, but I wasn't picking on Tess, I was merely -  Charles_Ca on 9/4/07 12:37pm
 Now dang it, Charles ... -  ReneeK_MI on 9/5/07 5:58am
 Could be KIm, but I wasn't picking on Tess, I was merely -  Charles_Ca on 9/4/07 12:37pm
 Sorry for the double post! n/m -  Charles_Ca on 9/4/07 12:40pm
 Charles,The org post was all of what Diane had posted - Tess on 9/4/07 12:48pm
 Re: Charles,The org post was all of what Diane had posted - JanetK_CA on 9/4/07 2:10pm
 Re: Could be KIm, but I wasn't picking on Tess, I was merely -  KimK/pa on 9/4/07 2:51pm
 Re: She is at it again!!! - WDMD on 9/4/07 5:15am
 Diane Cipa is TOXIC! I don't even read her articles -  NCLisa on 9/4/07 5:28am
 Re: Diane Cipa is TOXIC! I don't even read her articles - WDMD on 9/4/07 6:16am
 Re: Diane Cipa is TOXIC! I don't even read her articles - Tess on 9/4/07 6:20am
 Re: Diane Cipa is TOXIC! I don't even read her articles -  Loretta Reed on 9/4/07 7:40am
 Re: She is at it again!!! - goodgirl on 9/4/07 10:04am
 Notaries - big ad clickers -  MelissaCT on 9/4/07 6:39pm
 I just lost ya, Melissa.. n/m -  Loretta Reed on 9/4/07 6:51pm
 Re: I just lost ya, Melissa.. -  MelissaCT on 9/4/07 7:36pm
 Re: Notaries - big ad clickers - according to her post n/m -  MelissaCT on 9/4/07 7:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.