Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I"M NOT SAYING DON"T BECOME A NSA...I'm just saying
Posted by Notary4U of MN on 7/9/05 11:23pm Msg #50813
that if you do, don't take $50 signings, new or not. THAT is what's hurting the industry. And I'm saying that if you're thinking that it's the next best thing since sliced bread and you're going to get rich doing it....that's nor realistic either. You can make a living doing it, but not to suppose an entire family. You might support yourself but you will work FT+. I don't think that it's for everyone...and if you can't budget or save money, don't do this. It's about the same as real estate...there were 108 agents in my class when I was getting my license 12 yrs ago and they told us after 1 yr that maybe 2 of us would still being doing real estate...mainly because you think it will be easy and no work and you can't budget when you don't get checks every week, month, or couple months. If you don't have a nest egg to help you through the start up then I would wait until you do, and in that time read every single thing you can about the business and know every document front and back and then you'll be ready.

It's the only responsible thing to do since you have someone else's "life" in your hands when your notarizing their loan package. And I mean that in the sense that you have no idea if they are going to lose their house on Monday if they don't get this package done correctly and back to fund so they can pay off the previous loan they had because their borderline foreclosure. You mess up and they might not get the money in time to keep the previous bank from starting foreclosure and then they wont get the money from the new lender when they find out. That's if they were lucky not to have had their previous bank report to the credit agnecies ( I have had this senerio in a very rural town and the local bank doesn't report to credit agencies for anything...farm towns). Anyway, you have to think of it that way...you have a serious roll in teh process and it's your responsibility to get it done the way you should and how you'd want it taken care of if it were your loan.

jmho
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New Notary - Anonymous on 7/9/05 3:26am
 Re: New Notary - LawrenceOK on 7/9/05 9:13am
 Re: New Notary - Anonymous on 7/9/05 11:12am
 To responce-New Notary - Teddog_CO on 7/9/05 11:51am
 Re: To responce-New Notary - Anonymous on 7/9/05 12:03pm
 Re: To responce-New Notary - NY_TaxLady on 7/9/05 12:23pm
 Re: To responce-New Notary - Goldie_CA on 7/9/05 1:57pm
 Re: New Notary - NY_TaxLady on 7/9/05 12:51pm
 Re: New Notary - MsRobboPA on 7/9/05 2:11pm
 Re: New Notary - Notary4U on 7/9/05 4:17pm
 Re: New Notary - Wa notary on 7/9/05 6:01pm
 I"M NOT SAYING DON"T BECOME A NSA...I'm just saying - Notary4U on 7/9/05 11:23pm
 Re: New Notary - Anonymous on 7/10/05 3:36am
 Re: New Notary - CaliNotary on 7/9/05 5:13pm
 Re: Do some careful calculation -  Nicole_NCali on 7/10/05 12:48am
 Re: Do some careful calculation - Anonymous on 7/10/05 3:38am
 Re: Do some careful calculation - Patrice_CA on 7/27/05 2:11pm
 Re: Do some careful calculation - MichNotary on 7/27/05 2:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.