Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I don't know about that, Hugh.
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 12/24/19 10:38amMsg #73041
In the cases where Obama contested providing information to Congress, doing so only after the courts ruled against him, Obama came out of those times in such a way that it seems that most people don't even recall that he did what he did (or rather, "didn't" do) when Congress first asked him to provide information. At least on that aspect of your possible new found position regarding impeachment votes overall, if the courts rule against Trump, as they did Obama, and he eventually complies, just as Obama did, he might come out on the other side just as Obama did.

When it comes to an impeachment (and/or an articles of impeachment vote) every single House and Senate member should forget party, forget personality, and even forget friendships during any and all impeachment proceedings. Every minute of such proceedings each one of them should act as an honest juror who is only interested in the facts and voting the way they believe those facts presented tells them they must vote. After the voting, they can go back to whatever partisanship they desire. Hugh, as much as both you and I may wish that we had elected people with such integrity who were capable of doing just that, we both know the type of people that all of us actually elected to Congress. Sadly.

Now as to the Redneck Jewelry part of your theory, if I may, I will just quote a very small section within a recent post of mine that I think speaks directly to your images of roadkill fashion statements being all this year's rage at the next Republican fashion show ( from Msg #73039 ):

"A very sad, imo, but nevertheless interesting bit of presidential impeachment history factoid that I recently heard, and it is true, Google to verify for yourself so you "know" and not just because you heard it said
***** There has NEVER been one single senator of the impeached president's same party to EVER vote guilty. ***** [Had Nixon not resigned, this more than likely, would not be a fact today.] "

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Ramifications of impeachment - HisHughness on 12/13/19 8:19pm
 Re: Ramifications of impeachment - MikeC/TX on 12/14/19 4:44pm
 Re: Ramifications of impeachment -  Dennis_IN on 12/19/19 8:41am
 Re: Ramifications of impeachment - MikeC/TX on 12/20/19 5:05pm
 Re: Ramifications of impeachment - HisHughness on 12/20/19 11:48pm
 I don't know about that, Hugh. - Moneyman/TX on 12/24/19 10:38am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.