Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Definition of main stream news vs mainstream media?
Posted by  sigtogo/OR of OR on 1/21/21 2:09pm Msg #77694
seems to me there is a clear lack of definition as to what "main stream news" even means. It certainly is not the same as "mainstream media."

I am really only interested in truth tellers, journalists who verify facts. Opinion journalism has its place and I partake of some, but imho should be based on verifiable facts. Blaze and Epoch times hardly fits that definition. They incite and make a lot of false claims. Why anyone would want to give attention to unverifiable hyperbole is a mystery to me. Give me facts not some alternate hate speech devised to numb the masses.

If you want some whodunit, sci-fi or calamitous stories, rent a movie or watch tv. But entertainers claiming to deliver news? Just say no! I know it can be hard to not watch, like a train wreck, but paleeze, don't take it as news!

If you want real news, follow those that are based in facts or a close to as possible. Weed out the weasel words, non-sequiturs, ambiguity, fallacies, etc. If you can't identify someones premise and follow it to a logical conclusion, then dismiss for goodness sake. You don't have to buy into everything you hear or read!

I acknowledge it is getting more difficult to discern, but with a bit of research you can find those that come close to hitting the mark. Who owns the news source? Can you find a stated agenda of the "news" outlet? Do they provide their sources? Can their claims be substantiated via other sources?

Learn to discern....ok, off soapbox, back to work.....
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I watch very little "main stream" news. - ArtG/KS on 1/19/21 3:59pm
 Well said. PBS news probably as close as you get n/m - Luckydog on 1/19/21 7:18pm
 cSPAN is unbiased. National news not so much n/m - jnew on 1/20/21 8:39am
 Re: cSPAN is unbiased. National news not so much -  Mike Goodey on 1/20/21 6:57pm
 Re: cSPAN is unbiased. National news not so much - bagger on 1/22/21 10:57am
 Definition of main stream news vs mainstream media? -  sigtogo/OR on 1/21/21 2:09pm
 Re: Definition of main stream news vs mainstream media? - ArtG/KS on 1/22/21 12:32am
 Re: Definition of main stream news vs mainstream media? - shooterclay on 1/23/21 9:54pm
 Re: Definition of main stream news vs mainstream media? - ArtG/KS on 1/24/21 8:57am
 Re: Definition of main stream news vs mainstream media? - shooterclay on 1/24/21 10:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.