Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/29/21 4:54pm Msg #78249
I think much of the current outcry about the border crisis is a bit disingenuous. I find it interesting that many of those raising the biggest stink about the situation had nothing to say when the same problem existed on Trump's watch. It seems that there's been a surge around this time of year for many years. Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, where most of these people are coming from, are all in the top 10 countries worldwide with the highest homicide rates. And due to weather, this is apparently the best time for would-be migrants to try to make their way here.

The delays in the confirmation of Becerra as HHS Secretary (blocked in committee by GOP members) haven't helped - on the border issue or with coordinating the fight against Covid. (He's been in office for only about a week.) So all the sudden carrying on about these problems seems to be politically motivated.

However, I did hear some good news on the 'border crisis' issue yesterday. The San Diego Convention Center is going to be used to temporarily house some of the unaccompanied migrant children at the border (starting with young girls):
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/city-county-agree-to-use-san-diego-convention-center-to-house-children-seeking-asylum/2556284/.

It's not THE solution to the whole problem, but it's a start. A problem this big doesn't get handled overnight and I'm looking forward to seeing what else gets done. At least Biden is looking towards the root causes of the issue and not just trying to intimidate or frighten people from wanting to come here.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 This is disturbing... - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 6:13pm
 Re: This is disturbing... - shooterclay on 3/27/21 7:05pm
 Re: This is disturbing... - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 7:15pm
 Re: This is disturbing... - shooterclay on 3/30/21 9:21pm
 The US SUN? I have a better article for you - Luckydog on 3/27/21 7:51pm
 Re: The US SUN? I have a better article for you - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 11:29pm
 DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border - Luckydog on 3/27/21 8:00pm
 Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 11:43pm
 Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border - Luckydog on 3/28/21 12:12pm
 Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border - MikeC/TX on 3/28/21 4:49pm
 You said there were never any caravans, did you change? - Luckydog on 3/28/21 6:56pm
 Re: You said there were never any caravans, did you change? - MikeC/TX on 3/31/21 5:28pm
 Master of deflection once again n/m - Luckydog on 3/31/21 8:47pm
 Re: Master of deflection once again - MikeC/TX on 4/1/21 4:36pm
 Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border -  JanetK_CA on 3/29/21 4:54pm
 Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border - Luckydog on 3/30/21 6:51pm
 Re: DONALD Trump may soon visit the Mexico border - shooterclay on 3/30/21 10:19pm
 PS Deflection - Luckydog on 3/28/21 12:21pm
 Re: PS Deflection - MikeC/TX on 3/28/21 5:00pm
 Re: PS Deflection - Luckydog on 3/28/21 6:16pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.