Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Cancel Culture, or Accountability?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/3/21 1:57am Msg #78302
MLB announced today that they are pulling the All-Star game from Atlanta as a response to GA's new voter suppression law. Delta Airlines, which has a major hub in Atlanta, indicated its displeasure with the new law, and the GA legislature retaliated by proposing a bill that would strip Delta - one of the largest employers in GA - of some favorable tax abatements. Delta could respond by moving operations out of state, costing GA thousands of jobs. The movie industry, which has had a huge presence in GA over the past few years, is starting to boycott the state because of the law.

Is this another example of "cancel culture"? Of course not - that's a myth. There's no such thing, except in the mind of extreme right-wingers who get upset about the reactions to what they do or say. It's really called "accountability".

Yes, you have the right to say or do whatever you want, but there are always consequences. The First Amendment says that the government cannot pass a law that restricts your freedom of speech. That does NOT mean that I have to listen to whatever BS you are spewing, or that I have to do business with you if I disagree with what you believe.

Words have consequences. Actions have consequences. Accountability. You're not being canceled, you're just being told to not let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Cancel Culture, or Accountability? - MikeC/TX on 4/3/21 1:57am
 Re: Cancel Culture, or Accountability? -  JanetK_CA on 4/3/21 8:04pm
 Re: Cancel Culture, or Accountability? - MikeC/TX on 4/3/21 11:27pm
 Re: Cancel Culture, or Accountability? -  Mike Goodey on 4/4/21 10:14am
 Re: Cancel Culture, or Accountability? - MikeC/TX on 4/4/21 11:54pm
 Oh my goodness..... n/m -  NJW/FL on 4/5/21 11:31am
 Re: Cancel Culture, or Accountability? -  Mike Goodey on 4/6/21 6:00pm
 Re: Cancel Culture, or Accountability? - Luckydog on 4/7/21 4:49pm
 Considering what the actual law does rather than what ... - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 6:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.