Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: discrimination for minority voters
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/18/21 1:01am Msg #78405
"So, you feel people do not need a legal ID to vote or pre-register to vote?"

I didn't say or suggest that, so please don't try to put words in my mouth. Yes, you do have to prove that you have the right to vote, and yes, you have to provide ID to register, but there is absolutely no reason you can't register to vote on the same day.

"Too many states doing what they feel like doing" - seriously? You're gonna go with that argument?

Every state has the right to be "doing what they feel like doing"; the problem is when whatever they "feel like doing" affects the rights of their citizens to vote. There is currently no federal law that requires all states to treat all voters the same way. There should be one. We should look to Colorado as the gold standard for elections instead of finding ways to prevent people from voting. The ability to vote is a basic right in any democracy, yet we've always thrown up barriers.

Originally, only white male landowners could vote or hold office. Did you know that? A hundred years ago, women finally got the right to vote, and a lot of women were brutalized in the effort to win that right for YOU. Yet here you are, apparently ignorant of history, arguing about who should have the right to vote. Be thankful that YOU can vote- it was a right won for women by other women with their blood and tears. Don't try to deny it to others..
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 discrimination for minority voters - Luckydog on 4/7/21 10:47pm
 Good Points - Moneyman/TX on 4/9/21 8:11am
 Re: Good Points -  Mike Goodey on 4/9/21 12:20pm
 I heard something funny last week - Luckydog on 4/11/21 12:54pm
 Re: I heard something funny last week -  Mike Goodey on 4/12/21 1:28am
 Re: I heard something funny last week - Luckydog on 4/12/21 11:46am
 Re: discrimination for minority voters - MikeC/TX on 4/13/21 12:23am
 Re: discrimination for minority voters - Luckydog on 4/13/21 1:32pm
 Re: discrimination for minority voters - MikeC/TX on 4/18/21 1:01am
 Re: discrimination for minority voters -  Mike Goodey on 4/16/21 12:28am
 Re: discrimination for minority voters - bagger on 4/16/21 12:23pm
 Re: discrimination for minority voters - Luckydog on 4/16/21 8:15pm
 Let's all get on the same page, please. - Moneyman/TX on 4/18/21 6:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.