Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: We
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/10/21 7:26pm Msg #78857
"She states "Don't come to the border." WHAT??? You and Biden encouraged immigrants to come on in, the border is open!"

When did they do this? Cite, please. Video evidence preferred - I don't want to read someone's opinion about what they said, I want factual evidence. At what point did either Biden or Harris say that the border was now wide open?

And what would be the purpose of any politician - of either party - going to the border? It's a photo-op; that's all these visits have ever been. Trump went to the border, and all we got for it were pictures of him looking at the Wall and signing a piece of it. Big whoop. Did anything else come of that visit? Nope.

EVERY politician of EITHER party who "goes to the border" is going there for one reason and one reason only - optics. Do ANY of them, on either side of the aisle, accomplish anything by doing that? Nope. But it looks good to their constituents. Makes it look like they're actually doing something, when in fact they're not doing anything but spending taxpayer money. And maybe it gets them reelected, which is all most of them really care about.

Harris had meetings with the Mexican and Guatemalan government leaders in order to discuss the issues that are causing THEIR citizens to want to come HERE. That's diplomacy, that's working on the issues.

And you're upset because she didn't visit the border? Why?

What do you think can possibly be accomplished by Harris having her picture taken at a border crossing? How does her posing and smiling for the cameras help resolve the problems? Doesn't it make more sense that she meet with government leaders and try to find a solution? Do you want the problem actually solved, or do you just want to feel good by pretending that someone is doing something about it?

It's been said that there's no such thing as a stupid question. Lester Holt just disproved that (and I actually LIKE the guy).

There are lots of questions here, I know. Maybe you should think about them.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 We've been to the border -  Mike Goodey on 6/9/21 2:43pm
 Re: We - Luckydog on 6/9/21 6:15pm
 Re: We - bagger on 6/10/21 9:16am
 Re: We -  Mike Goodey on 6/10/21 12:28pm
 Re: We - MikeC/TX on 6/10/21 7:58pm
 Re: We -  Mike Goodey on 6/10/21 10:09pm
 Re: We - MikeC/TX on 6/10/21 7:26pm
 Re: We -  JanetK_CA on 6/10/21 8:45pm
 Re: We - Luckydog on 6/11/21 1:17pm
 Mike...you're the one who reads all the news or - Linda_H/FL on 6/11/21 6:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.