Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: We
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/10/21 8:45pm Msg #78859
Well said, Mike. Harris said over and over during both trips, and in that interview, that she was focused on working on the root cause of the problem (i.e. people wanting to come here to begin with), which was why she visited with the presidents of Guatemala and Mexico. She said lots of other stuff of some significance, too, but all anyone wants to talk about is why she hasn't wasted her time on photo ops at the border. I think she knows what's going on there and I don't see what the big deal is about her going there personally. I'd rather see her focused on solutions.

Frankly, I don't think it would make much difference to those covering her from the right what she did. They'd still focus on whatever it was that would make her look the worst, regardless of how significant or insignificant it might be. In fairness to Lester Holt, he probably would have been skewered by the right-leaning news if he hadn't asked that.

As for more short-term solutions, immigration (and Homeland Security) policy gets done in Washington, DC, not at the border.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 We've been to the border -  Mike Goodey on 6/9/21 2:43pm
 Re: We - Luckydog on 6/9/21 6:15pm
 Re: We - bagger on 6/10/21 9:16am
 Re: We -  Mike Goodey on 6/10/21 12:28pm
 Re: We - MikeC/TX on 6/10/21 7:58pm
 Re: We -  Mike Goodey on 6/10/21 10:09pm
 Re: We - MikeC/TX on 6/10/21 7:26pm
 Re: We -  JanetK_CA on 6/10/21 8:45pm
 Re: We - Luckydog on 6/11/21 1:17pm
 Mike...you're the one who reads all the news or - Linda_H/FL on 6/11/21 6:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.