Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Stepping back for a while
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/18/21 6:30pm Msg #78882
Folks, I've decided to step away from the forum for an undetermined amount of time. It's not because I have a problem with any individuals here or that I can't handle the heat I get when I defend my positions. I just don't want to deal with bat-sh*t crazy anymore.

Let me be clear, I am not sticking that label on anyone here, I'm just referring to our political climate in general. Right-wing politicians are telling us to ignore the evidence of our eyes and ears, and to believe that 1/6/21 was just a "normal tourist day" in Washington; now we're hearing conspiracy theories that include the belief that the FBI actually organized the insurrection. This country is ripping itself apart at the seams, and I lay the blame for that at the feet of one narcissistic egoist and the sheep that follow him.

Make no mistake about it - Donald Trump will never admit failure, will never admit that he is wrong, will never admit defeat. He is the ultimate con artist, and he has conned a lot of otherwise intelligent people into believing he is really good at a job he has no idea how to do. He will do what he has a long history of doing - lie, cheat, and steal to get what he wants, and the only one he cares about is himself. What he wants now is to be the most important person in the world again, and he's perfectly willing to burn our house down if he can't get it. January 6 was just the first shot.

I've been a political junkie for years, but now it feels like I should just step away and leave the crazy to others who want to deal with it. I'm done.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Stepping back for a while - MikeC/TX on 6/18/21 6:30pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - anotaryinva on 6/18/21 6:50pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - SC/CA on 6/18/21 7:51pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - Luckydog on 6/18/21 9:20pm
 Best wishes to you Mike...gonna miss you - Linda_H/FL on 6/19/21 6:07am
 Re: Stepping back for a while - HisHughness on 6/20/21 12:07pm
 Re: Just Politics is going to be pretty mundane - Carolyn Bodley on 6/21/21 9:21am
 Re: Just Politics is going to be pretty mundane - Luckydog on 6/21/21 11:20am
 Re: Just Politics is going to be pretty mundane - SC/CA on 6/21/21 12:47pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - bagger on 6/22/21 9:59am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.